Chapter 5- Clumsy?

"Come in," Alexander replied from inside the office. "Good morning, sir" Rosalie greeted with a smile as she approached him.

She had worked for two days and she knew it was a good one. They worked overtime, especially the second day he sent her to Williams.

She worked until she became weary.

But she loved it, as long as she got paid, she would work.

"Morning Miss Jones" Alexander replied as his eyes scanned her attire. She was dressed in a straight skirt with a plain t-shirt that matched the stiletto heels she had on.

Rosalie sucked in her cheeks as he scrutinized her. Her legs felt wobble under his penetrating gaze, "I'll finish the work we—" he cut her short when he stood up.

"You're here early today, you'll have—" he paused when her face creased into a frown. "What's it Miss Jones?" He queried but she shook her head.

"You frowned in between my speech, why?" He asked as his eyes bore holes on her in a bid to read her body language.

"You…said I was early, I'm always early" Rosalie stuttered and casted her gaze to the floor as soon as she was done. She didn't know if it was right to say that.

She raised her head when she heard no words and what she saw made her breathe stop. His lips curled up into a smirk; almost a smile.

She batted her lashes in surprise. He could smile? "So, you think you're always early?" Alexander cocked his head and his eyes roamed around her.

"Yes sir," she answered and clutched tightly to her handbag. She didn't know where the conversation would lead to but she needed to know.

"Wow" Alexander clicked his tongue and rose to his feet. "What if I tell you that the time you consider early is late for me?"

"Huh?" Rosalie's brows puckered as she stared befuddled. What did he mean? She gets to work at least by 7:30. How's that not early?

"You don't come early Miss Jones, you come just right on time but since you're early today," he took a glance at his wristwatch.

"I want you to get my coffee."

Rosalie paused. Her whole body stopped every action for a second. He asked her to get his coffee? Was he in a good mood?

"Go get it" He muttered and she nodded quickly. "Yes sir, I'll drop this" she walked briskly to her office, dropped her bag and walked back to him.

"Just right outside, you see a door. Get in and you see the French press" Alexander ordered and she nodded.

Of course she knew the door he talked about.

Her lips formed into a thin line and she tried not to stumble in her steps. She could feel his cold gaze on her and she wondered what he was thinking.

As soon as she was out of the office, she sighted the door and she trotted towards it. She pushed the door open, peered in like it housed a criminal before she got in.

She sighted the french press with the coffee she needed. Thank goodness, she knew how to use a cafetiere. After about five minutes, she grabbed the mug.

Her hands trembled as she took in the sight of the coffee. Was that good? She hoped he would like it. She bit on her lips and with a last glance at the french press, she headed out of the room.

As she walked towards his office, her mind wandered around? As much as she tried to keep her thoughts in check, she couldn't. Was she doing a good job?

She inhaled and sighed. She worked her best. Of course. She was only paranoid. She was doing a good job as his secretary.

Just as she raised her hand to knock, she heard voices. The voices were familiar and it caused her insides to tighten. Who was with Alexander? She hoped it wasn't who clicked in her mind.