Chapter 29- Anger?

Rosalie's POV

I sniffed and leaned into Mr. Alexander as he led the way. I gawked around in awe of his house. We finally reached his study and he pushed the door open.

At once, the smell of books filled my nostrils and I let my eyes dart around. The study was a large one, almost a pristine office. It was immaculate and a large shelf of books was on the left.

There were two chairs and a desk in the room.
One chair was in front of the desk and a lone lamp was on the desk. It was still on.

I bet he forgot it there.

"Sit," he mumbled and took his hands off me and suddenly, I felt alone. I sniffed as he walked around before he settled in front of a computer I didn't notice.

"Use your phone, connect to the house WiFi and entertain yourself while I work."

"I said I want to help you to work" I voiced out and he turned to me. "You're still frail Rosie, your arm is burnt, you shouldn't stress it."

"I'm not," I mumbled and walked to him. "I'm your secretary and you paid me ahead already, I should work—"

"You want to taunt me?" He scoffed and pulled me to his thighs and a whimper escaped my lips since his fingers scraped my burn.

"See? Sorry," he made me sit on his thighs as he accessed the computer. "You're still frail. You should even get to sleep."

"I—" I licked my lips as I tried to muster courage, "I want to be close to you" I breathed out and shut my eyes.

My eyes were closed as I didn't hear anything till he chortled, "Stay right here, then," he pulled me closer and my arms went around him completely drowned in comfort.

I rested my head in his chest and he ruffled my hair. "You're a distraction, Rosie. A distraction I love," he chortled and I smiled.

I sniffed and clenched tighter to him. I couldn't believe after his anger, I was on his thighs. Well, what could I do? I loved his presence even though it was wrong.

I laid still in his arms as he worked until my lids felt heavy and I drowned into sleep.

————

The light tap on my shoulders jolted me out of my sleep. I yawned as I rolled on the surface I was. My hand met with hardness and immediately, a soft texture came in contact with my palms.

"Sir," I yawned as my eyes fluttered open to see that of Mr. Alexander. "Are you okay?" His eyes bore holes into mine and I nodded.

"You look weak. Will you visit the hospital?"

"No," I shook my head and sat up. And that's when my brain registered my surroundings. I was on the bed in a room.

Intricate marvel designs glorified the wall and there was a giant wardrobe that stood at the left. My eyes roamed around before it landed on the bed I was in.

I was on the giant bed in the room on the most comfortable sheet ever. "What?" Mr Alexander asked and I took my eyes to him.

"Come on, let's go have breakfast."

"Huh?" My eyes widened and that's when I noticed the rays of sunlight that pierced through the rolled curtains. "It's morning, already?"

"Yes," his brows creased as he stared at me. "Are you sure you're good? You slept for more than 10 hours."

"I am," I muttered and stood. "Did my phone ring, sir"

"Yes," he released a scoff and walked to his bed stand. "Here, Aria persistently called."