Chapter 13- Salary ahead on a condition

"Mr. Alex?" The Managing Director of the company pushed Alexander's office open causing both Rosalie and Alexander to turn to him.

"Yes Morris," Alexander's brows creased into a frown as the MD approached them. "Have you seen the news?" Morris questioned as he walked further to them.

"Good morning sir" Rosalie greeted when Morris kept his gaze on her. "Alexander, are you having an affair with your secretary now?"

Rosalie stopped as she processed it. Secretary? Which secretary was that?

"What do you mean Morris?" Alexander asked with a frown. He hoped it wasn't what he was thinking.

"Just check the news," the MD mumbled and Alexander scoffed. Of course it was what he thought.

They were in the news; he was in the news with Rosalie, with her in his arms. Barely four days ago that she fainted, someone took a picture of her in his arms and it was stirring up reactions online.

"Morris, I think you should be more concerned about how that picture was taken because clearly, it wasn't in the daytime. It was at night and you know what that means; someone is snooping on the company" Alexander calmly resorted.

He was bewildered when he saw it. He knew someone was snooping on him at once.

"Of course Alex, but why was she in your arms?" Morris questioned and that was the only thing Rosalie grabbed.

She? In his arms? Was that why he said they said he was having an affair with her? She batted her lashes as she tried to remember when she was in his arms.

"I don't think it's any of your business Morris," Alexander clenched his fist and bore holes into Morris's skin. "Thank you for coming to inform me but I need you to leave now" his voice was unwaveringly tight and the MD scoffed.

None of his business? Does that mean those two were together? "You said to be strictly professional Alex but it's okay," with that, the MD walked out of the office.

"Sir?" Rosalie spoke up, causing Alexander to avert his gaze from the MD. "Is…" she shook her head and grabbed her phone.

Instead of asking, she could check. The moment her eyes came in with the headline of the news, her heart stopped working.

She froze and her eyes dilated. It was real; she was in the news with him. They were trending! Her pulse jumped frantically to her ears and her feet went cold.

She didn't know what to feel. Was she to be excited? Or was she supposed to feel bad because it could be tarnishing Alexander's reputation. Her brain failed to function as her eyes were fixated on the headline.

"Miss Jones?" Alexander called when he saw her state. "Rosalie —" he gave her a light tap on her forehead and she jolted out of her thoughts.

"Sir…I'm so sorry," Rosalie apologized as she batted her lashes. When her brain finally processed a reaction, she knew it was best to apologize. He only helped her that day. His reputation shouldn't be ruined.

"I'm so sorry" her eyes watered and Alexander scoffed. "Why're you sorry? It isn't a big deal."

"Huh?" Her lips went agape when Alexander stood up and walked to her. "It's a normal thing for such to get on the internet, you don't have to be bothered " Alexander whispered as he stared into her eyes.

He didn't know what he was doing but he wanted to watch her face.

Rosalie's knee went jelly and goosebumps pricked her skin when Alexander's warm breath fanned her face. She swallowed thickly and fondled the phone in her hands.