Chapter 10- A wrong kiss with feelings

Rosalie?

She didn't go home? She came to the bar?

His eyes widened when she almost fell. She held on to a stool as her eyes threatened to close. Her face was tear-stricken and her eyes looked puffy.

He knew she had been crying and she was drunk.

A prickly feeling of regret washed through his veins and he found himself heading to her.

"Rosalie —" he called and she raised her head to him. She batted her lashes and retrieved a step backwards which caused her to stumble but Alexander was quick to reach out for her.

"Miss Jones —" he held her firmly to himself and once again, he was attracted to her cognac eyes.

"Sir…" Rosalie stuttered with her lips quivering. "Did…you hire me again?" She grabbed his face like she needed it to be true.

"Miss Jones, you're drunk" Alexander cautioned when she grabbed the bottle of alcohol in her hands. "Oh yeah, I shouldn't" Rosalie chuckled and held on tightly to his shirt.

"Please don't fire me, please" she begged and clutched tighter to him "I need the job, I promise I wouldn't make anymore mistakes" she promised and her tears stained his t-shirt.

His heartbeat became erratic at her closeness as he kept his gaze on her bronze hair. His fist tightened into a ball at the urge to touch her hair but he dared not.

His heartbeat quickening was already one.

"So, you won't fire me anymore right?" Rosalie raised her head and her lips parted as she awaited an answer.

Alexander cussed at her innocent face. God knows she was stirring up an emotion only him could feel. His hands itched to touch her and he did.

His large hand wrapped around her face and he swore his body wanted more of her silky skin. "Rosalie —" he called her name once again and she paused in his hands.

"You…will you fire me?" Rosalie asked with her eyes almost closing. She staggered but Alexander held her firmly in place, "I fired you already Rosalie" Alexander asked, almost chortling at her quirkiness.

He couldn't believe she was that way when drunk. Her high-pitched cry brought him out of his admiration. She wriggled out of his grip with tears running down her face.

"Your girl?" A man asked and Alexander turned to him. "She has been drinking, try to settle things with her" the man casted his gaze to Rosalie before he walked away.

Alexander scoffed. How long had she been there? "Rosalie" he grabbed the drink she was about to gulp down and she cried harder.

"Please give it to me" her voice broke and tears streamed down her cheeks and Alexander felt his insides tighten at her face. She was crying way too much.

"It won't help Rosalie" he whispered and held her tighter. "Then don't fire me, please" she mumbled and bit on her lips. "Please Xander, sir."

Alexander paused. People barely called him Xander. The heart that had failed to function for years palpated and pumped more blood through him. Her voice was hoarse but the way she called his name honeyed it.

"I need the job please, I have to feed my mum" she cried and held tightly to him. "Please sir—" she choked on her tears and inhaled his cologne.

"Rosalie —" Alexander raised her head to face him but tore his eyes away from her at the urge that stirred in him. "You have to go home, it's not safe here."

"It's not safe at home either."

"Huh?" Alexander casted his gaze to her with puckered brows. What did she mean? Wait…her actions in the morning. What if there was a reason behind it?