Chapter 9- Fired

Rosalie sniffed and gripped her handbag tighter. She just got out of the elevator and despite how hard she tried to console herself, it didn't work.

She made him lose that deal.

He was angry!

He left her there and she took a taxi to the company. Her steps wavered and she sniffled as she sighted the office.

Why was she unlucky?

She keeps getting into trouble now and then. And now, she jeopardized her job.

But it wasn't her fault. Her anxiety was at work.

She didn't believe she could experience it again. That was the main reason they came to New York. Her paranoia ate her up wherever she went.

Suddenly, she paused in her steps at the sound. As she strained her ear to hear clearer, a high-pitched yell filled her ears.

She could figure out that yell anywhere.

A telltale feeling surged through her but she shook her head. She wouldn't believe it. She had to see.

She trotted to the office and pushed the door open. The moment her orbs rested on the figures, all courage, and hope she felt moments ago was replaced with despair.

Knots constricted her throat at the image. Sophia was there! And Alexander was furious!

No, Sophia didn't have to come by that time.

"Really?" Sophia screamed and tugged harder on Alexander's collar. "I'm insane Alex, is that it?" She scoffed and released his collar.

She blinked rapidly and tears clouded her vision, "I was there, I went there for the date. I fixed 7 am Alex, 7 am. Look, it's 2 pm. You never showed up. Why did you tell me to—"

"Enough Sophia!" Alexander bashed the table and both ladies flinched. "The date is not today. Shut the fuck up!"

Date. Rosalie's eyes widened. Sophia was causing a tantrum about her date. Her hands balled into a fist and her heart raced.

She knew Sophia's date was between 15&16. The day's date was 15. She hoped she didn't forget to include Sophia's date in the schedule.

Her heart struggled to keep her alive as she wondered about her fate. If she forgot, then she was sure that was her last day in the office.

"Stop it! Just stop it, Alex!" Sophia yelled and stomped her foot on the floor. Veins throbbed on her forehead as she needed to make her anger real.

She had to put in more action. "So you think I'm dressed this way to cause a tantrum? You think I wore all of this to act crazy?"  She snarled and walked to Alexander.

"Is that what you mean? Is that it Alex?" She grabbed his arm and he turned to her. Her heart skipped seeing the fury that was laced inside those eyes. She blinked rapidly to overcome her fear.

"Today is not the date Sophia!" Alexander retorted and pulled away from her grip. He whipped his head to Rosalie who stood fidgety at the door and another fresh rage swelled inside of him.

He didn't forget she made him lose that deal. It took everything in him not to give her an outburst there.

He tore his eyes away from her and headed to his desk but paused in his steps at Sophia's voice, "You're a liar. You never keep to your word."

"What did you just say?" Alexander turned to Sophia swiftly and Sophia cocked her head. "You are a friggin liar Alex!"

"Sophia!" Alexander barked and Rosalie flinched. Her eyes widened at Alexander's bloodshot eyes.