Chapter 24- Jealousy

"I promise Mum, I was fine. We only had much work" Rosalie desperately tried to convince Aria and Pamela.

"You couldn't spare minutes to even call us? That's crap" Aria scoffed since she didn't buy the lie and Rosalie sighed.

"I woke up and slept off while working, Aria. He had tons of work. I was his secretary and PA, you could understand that. We attended business conferences and conferences. I am sorry for not finding space to call you" Rosalie sputtered in one breath while Aria kept her narrowed gaze on her.

"I'm not lying, Aria."

"Is that why you are emaciated?" Aria threw the question and Rosalie paused. Did she? She only knew she looked pale.

"Yeah, because I barely had time to rest" Rosalie lied again and Aria scoffed.

"You're lying."

"Common Aria," Pamela scolded. "Let's be thankful she's good. I thought something bad happened." Pamela pulled Rosalie closer for a hug.

She was scared. She thought her daughter was in danger. When Alexander picked up her calls repeatedly, she thought Rosalie was not okay.

"I'm sorry," Pamela whispered and ruffled Rosalie's hair. Her daughter did so much work. If she had the money, Rosalie wouldn't have to work that hard to get money.

"It's okay mum," Rosalie heaved a sigh thankful her mum bought the lie. She looked up at Aria and she knew at once Aria was still in doubt.

"Common, come for a hug," Rosalie whispered and Aria joined them. The trio hugged tightly, grateful Rosalie was safe.

"Why did you rent an apartment?" Pamela threw the question at Rosalie and she paused. She racked her brain as she searched for answers her mum could buy.

"I…" Rosalie licked her lips and forced a smile. "Because I'm old enough to move out" was a silly answer but it was the only thing she thought of. "I would one day after all."

Pamela nodded. Most children moved out at the age of 18. She knew she couldn't stop Rosalie. But why did she move out so suddenly? "Then why didn't you inform us?" Aria asked the question in her mind and Rosalie batted her lashes.

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Where did you get the money?" Aria investigated further. She didn't want to conclude what her mind was screaming at her.

"I worked hard in Italy…so…Sir Alexander gave me extra money," she lied once more and Aria nodded slowly.

"Okay, let's see your house" Aria smiled and hurried to the kitchen. "It's so beautiful" she chuckled while Rosalie laughed, still thankful she was able to come up with lies.

The dizziness earlier hit her and she batted her lashes. She needed to rest. Various voices filled her head and she grabbed the throw pillow.

Her cries muffled into the pillow as her paranoia hit her hard. Those men, the blurry visions. She sniffed repeatedly until it died down.

She curled on the sofa as she struggled to get a grip on herself. Aria and Pamela didn't have to know; she was thankful they were admiring the house at the moment.

"Are you okay?" A voice broke into her hallucinations and she turned to see Aria. Her vision was blurry but she tried to look normal at least before they left.

"Yes, but I need to rest."

"Ohh, we'll leave you to rest then. Right aunt?" Aria asked and Pamela nodded.

They waved goodbye and Rosalie walked them to the door before she flopped to the sofa. She had to rest.

Halfway into her sleep, the doorbell rang. She batted her lashes repeatedly as she tried to gain control of herself and walk to the door.