Chapter 21- Threats and fear

Alexander's POV

My fist tightened as I sank into my thoughts. Drugs. One famous drug lord controlled almost the entire hard drugs in Italy.

And that person is familiar.

I tugged on my hair as I reminisced on what Rosalie did. It was illogical. She was an innocent, gormless lady.

I sighed and hurried to the CCTV. I was sure news would have reached that boss. I was sure there was trouble ahead.

It loomed and rang in my head as I watched the footage. I had to see what happened while I was away. I needed to see.

As the footage played, fear and apprehension held me in its claw. I barely made out what played in front of me as I reminisced on what Rosalie did.

I was sure the familiar being I knew wouldn't take it easy if he was the boss of those drugs.

A figure appeared on the screen and my eyes widened when he unlocked the door. My mouth fell open and my nails dug into my palm as his face appeared.

It was him!

At that moment, I stood and dashed to Rosalie's room. "Rosalie!" I pushed the door open but paused seeing the dark room. I reached for the switch and put the lights on.

The light came on and I froze when my eyes met an empty room.

"Rosalie!" I called as I rushed to the bathroom. Was she still taking her bath? At that moment, I held on to the little hope that she was in there.

"Rosalie!" I pushed the bathroom door open and when my eyes met with emptiness, I froze. My muscles stiffened and I stood unblinking as I took in the bathroom.

She was out of there.
She wasn't in.

My stomach constricted into a tight ball as anger heated my blood. A fresh rage of swell rose inside of me like a tide and my nails dug into my palms when I tightened my fist.

Him.

He had the effrontery to take her.

I took in a deep brew as different views of a scared Rosalie popped in my head. She was a fragile girl.

Her crying face; her whimpers filled my head and it drove me crazy.

I gritted my teeth and dashed to the room. I had to talk to him.

I had to talk to the mastermind.

I grabbed the telephone and punched his digits as I tried to keep my anger down. She'd be scared.
Rosalie would be hurt.
He'd hurt her, I was sure.

"Goddammit! Why do you have her? Why did you take her?" I yelled as I tried to keep my anger down.

"Calm down, lover boy" his laugh filled my ear and my grip around the telephone tightened. My jaw clenched and a flare of anger scoured through my veins.

"Stop it, don't play games with me, Collins " I warned through gritted teeth and he chuckled.

"I might have to say, you're smart Alex. I saw the system, I saw everything" he clicked his tongue and chortled. "Your girl spoiled business for me. Your girl had the effrontery to let the police take that guy. Now, they are hell bent on finding me. They want to investigate my business Alex."

"All those things happened because of your friggin 'girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend Collins, she's my secretary" I smothered and he laughed.

"Yeah but you're in a relationship with her, saw you in the ice cream shop."

"Goddamn it! That was just feelings" I spoke half truth. I knew Collins was trailing me.
I was sure he was the one who took that picture in the office.