Chapter 27- Happy with him

Stinging pain, aching shot through Rosalie's body as she rolled on the bed. A whimper escaped her lips and her eyes snapped open as her body shook.

A gasp escaped her lips and she sat up on the bed at once.

"Rosie —" the voice called and she whipped her head to see Alexander. Her lips trembled as the banging in her head grew stronger.

"Sir," her lips quivered and Alexander reached out for her at once. "Rosalie," he pulled her to him, his hands on her back trying to calm her down.

The smell of antiseptic and artificial fragrance coupled with Alexander's scent found their way into Rosalie's nostrils and she gripped Alexander tighter. "sir," tingles of pain shot through her arm but she ignored as she relaxed into the comfort he gave.

"It's okay," Alexander whispered as he rubbed her back. "I'm here, you're safe" Alexander whispered soothingly when her body still trembled.

The scene in the office clouded Rosalie's mind and she gripped tighter to him. Her foggy brain couldn't let her decipher what happened but she was glad she was safe.

She slowly relaxed into the touch and her memories swirled back to her brain.

She went to Williams. He forced kisses on her. He forced his lips on hers. He touched her mundanely. She was caught in the fire. She was almost burnt.

She remembered Alexander furiously sent her to Williams and at once, she pulled out of his grip.

"I—" she turned away from him and her eyes met with the bandage wrapped around her arm. Tears stung her eyes and she licked her lips.

He was the cause of it. How was she even saved?

"Are you okay?" Alexander queried with his eyes on her. When she gave no reply, he sighed as guilt coursed through him.

It was all his fault.
Perhaps if he kept her close to him, she'd be getting hurt.
Maybe he couldn't do what could keep her safe.

"What happened?" He breathed out but she only laid on the bed. He sighed and tugged on his hair.

She was driving him crazy.

"Why were you in the fire, Rosalie? How did it catch fire?"

"You sent me to him, did you forget?" Rosalie shot back as she tried to calm the anger burning inside of her. First, he got angry over nothing and then made her burn in that fire.

He had to apologize to her and make up for it.

She heard him sigh before retrieved steps echoed in her ear and immediately, the door closed.

With widened eyes, she whipped her head to the door. A scoff escaped her lips seeing he went out. He was grouchy. Everything he did was rude.

She tore her eyes away from the door, her heart shattering into a million pieces.

He changed.

She watched the door for minutes before she rested onto the bed.

Hours went by as Rosalie lay on the bed. The doctor attended to her arm and she was thankful it was only bruised.

She could make out some excuses for her mum and Aria.

Soon, she was discharged and as she sat waiting for who was going to take her home, the door creaked open.

Expectantly, she whipped her head to the door but her eyes fell seeing the intruder.

"I was instructed to take you home, ma'am," it was Alexander's driver.