1.1 | 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"Wake up, Cori..." Jeremy Gilbert's voice echoed through Cordelia's mind, she groaned to herself and rolled over with a huff. "I don't want to," Cori mumbled making Jeremy laugh as the blonde nuzzled her head into his chest. "If we don't go to school, I think the Sheriff will hunt us both down," Jeremy whispered as he ran his fingers through her tangled locks, the action lulling the girl back to sleep. "C'mon... I can't survive school without you, Cornflower," Jeremy added with a smirk using the nickname he had given Cori when they were younger. "Jer, I will punch you if you force me to go to school," Cori muttered before whining as Jeremy moved away from her.

Cori opened her eyes and glared at Jeremy who was changing his shirt, she scoffed before moving to lay on her back. "Jeremy! It's time to get up," Elena's voice sounded through the door before steps down the staircase signalled that Elena had gone downstairs. "You two, Cornflower," Jeremy said as he turned to the blonde who sat up and stretched.

"School is stressful, Jer," Cori whined with a frown. "But you're the one who wants to graduate with top grades to leave Mystic Falls behind," Jeremy reminded her but it was clear he didn't like her plan so much. "Hey, you'll get out of this town too and we'll still be friends," Cori replied. Cordelia Forbes and Jeremy Gilbert were the best friends of Mystic Falls despite Cordelia being almost two years older than him. The fifteen-year-old and seventeen-year-old were practically platonic soulmates who always had each other's backs.

When Cordelia's father, Bill left due to her parent's divorce, Jeremy was the one who stayed with her and cheered her up. And when Jeremy's parents died, Cordelia was right by his side, she never pushed for him to talk about it and she let him grieve in his own ways; she simply looked out for him and assured him that she was always there if he needed someone. "I know. Now c'mon, you're driving us to school," Jeremy told Cori who rolled her eyes and got out of Jeremy's bed to get dressed.

It was common for the two friends to have sleepovers, nothing romantic ever came out of it. The two had never even had a romantic or sexual thought about each other, they were strictly best friends with the common agreement that every best friend has; if neither were married by the time they were forty, they'd marry each other and die together happy. It was a silly pact but it was the moment that solidified their friendship almost three years ago. And they both still firmly believed in that pact, no matter how silly it was.

After getting into some whitewashed jeans and one of Jeremy's graphic shirts, slipping on her Doc Martens before catching her hairbrush that Jeremy tossed her way. Jeremy picked up his jacket before grabbing Cori's bag and handing it to her as they both made their way out of Jeremy's room. Cori went into the bathroom to brush her teeth before wiping the leftover mascara she forgot to clean off last night. Jeremy held out a mug of hot chocolate to Cori knowing she wasn't a fan of coffee, she sipped it as Jeremy stole Elena's coffee from her hands.