1.17 | 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐛 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Attending school, Cordelia ignored Elena and noticed that Bonnie was not around and she assumed that the loss of her Grams was the reason. Sheila Bennett's funeral had been a popular one despite the town's words of her being the "Crazy Drunk" due to her witch talk but it was nice for the Bennett family to see how loved the woman truly was. Bonnie hadn't said a word to Elena or Cordelia; the blonde knew she was hurting so she let it go but Cordelia was angered by Elena who blamed the Forbes girl for it.

"Cordelia Forbes," Angela Watson spoke as she stepped up in front of the younger Forbes, Chelsea Porter standing to her left with Gina Duncan on her right. "Angela, can I help you?" Cordelia asked the brunette standing there. "Perhaps you can," Angela replied with a too-sweet smile on her face, "Can you explain to me why Damon has completely pushed me out of his life and told me to stay away?" Cordelia rolled her eyes at Angela, "Maybe because he is over you and wants better for himself." Angela's sweet façade faded away into a scowl, "Let's get one thing straight, Cordelia. There is no one better than me. He'll be craving for me sooner or later."

"Okay..." Cordelia muttered out before continuing, "Good luck with that." Cordelia moved to walk away, Chelsea grabbed her hand, "We know what you are, Cordelia. You should be more cautious as there are many people out there who will come after you." Cordelia turned to Chelsea, she felt the magic burning in the ginger's veins from her touch. "You think you're a threat?" Cordelia asked with a raised brow as someone walked up behind Cordelia, he had heard the whole conversation. "Is something wrong here ladies?" Damon questioned them, he rested his arm around Cordelia's shoulders. "Other than you ghosting me," Angela snarked as Chelsea stepped back by Angela.

"Yeah, you're too sour for me," Damon said with a smirk before leading Cordelia away, winking at Gina who blushed with a smile. "That's not going to end well, you know that right?" Cordelia forewarned Damon who shrugged. "I'll deal with it another time or she'll find someone else to annoy and harass," Damon replied to her as they headed out of the school. "You know I have my last class right," Cordelia informed Damon. "Yes but I'm moping and need my best friend to keep me in check while my little brother focuses on Elena and her parental issues," Damon expressed to Cordelia who shook her head at him but let him lead the way.

"Parental issues?" Cordelia asked, she tilted her head in confusion as she climbed into Damon's car. "She was adopted by Miranda and Grayson and on the track searching for her real parents," Damon explained to Cordelia as they drove away from the school. "Oh shit," Cordelia muttered before frowning, "Does Jeremy know?" Damon shook his head and Cordelia sighed at that, she wouldn't tell him as that was Elena's job not her own. "I hope she finds an answer about that then," Cordelia said to Damon who shrugged playing off unbothered. "Don't act like you don't care about her, Dames. I know you're practically in love with her," Cordelia teased lightly, Damon scoffed and rested his hand on Cordelia's thigh.