1.3 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"You can't run from me, my star," An accented voice spoke. Cori grinned to herself as she hid behind a tree, she bit her lip as she listened carefully to the steps behind her until suddenly arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into their embrace. "I caught you, love," The man whispered before he lightly kissed her neck, Cori melted completely into his embrace as sparks tingled through her body with each feathered touch. "You know, love... I never believed that I'd find you and yet, here you are," He teased. "And I'm not going anywhere," Cori replied as another appeared in front of Cori. "Without me? Where's the love?" Stefan teased as he stepped closer.

Cordelia snapped up from her slumber, she wiped the sweat from her forehead and cursed to herself for the inappropriate dream she just had. She knew these visions would keep happening but she felt guilty for dreaming about Stefan considering he was clearly with Elena. "Are you okay?" Jeremy asked with a teasing grin, he held a sketchbook in his hands. "Whatever you heard, just forget it," Cori told him as she laid back down. "So you weren't moaning my sister's 'boyfriend's' name and some guy named Nik?" Jeremy taunted with a smirk. "Nik?" Cori replied with furrowed brows.

"Yeah, are you moaning about some unknown person in your sleep?" Jeremy asked while Cori sighed and sat up. "Jeremy, I need to tell you something and you aren't gonna believe me but I need you to," Cori told Jeremy who noticed the serious expression, he put his sketchbook aside and turned to her. "Alright, lay it on me, Cornflower," Jeremy told her, Cori took in a deep breath before she began preparing herself to tell him everything she had learned. "Well, first things first, I got you this," Cori pulled out a leather bracelet that she had not only soaked in vervain but have vervain sown through the leather.

"That looks cool," Jeremy said as Cori took his wrist and tied it on so it comfortably rested against his skin. "It's been soaked in Vervain which will stop compulsion being used on you," Cori told him before looking up at him, Jeremy furrowed his brows in confusion. "Vampires are real, Jeremy. Stefan and Damon are Vampires but they both mean no harm, hopefully," Cori continued not giving Jeremy a chance to laugh or tease her. She knew how she sounded and most of all, she was worried that Jeremy would walk away from her but she wouldn't hide anything from him 'cause they've always told each other everything.

"And you don't have to believe me, Jeremy, but I need to be certain that you are safe because if anything happened to you, I'd be lost," Cori said with a shrug. "Now what I'm about to tell you will change a lot," Cori added before she explained everything that Sheila had told her, once she was finished, she sat back allowing Jeremy to process everything. "Okay," Jeremy replied with a nod making Cori furrow her brows. "Okay?" Cori asked. "You're my best friend, Cornflower. And I'll help you through all of this the same way you help me," Jeremy told her before the two hugged each other. Cordelia then drove Jeremy to the hospital before leaving to school.

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration," Mr Tanner told the class before turning to Stefan and Elena who were sharing glances, "Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Cori looked up at the two as they dropped their gazes, she bit her lip and looked away as her strange dreams flashed through her mind before she shook them away. The moment the bell rang, Cori collected her books and rushed out of the classroom with Elena and Stefan trailing behind her.