1.15 | 𝐀𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐍𝐨 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Anna is lying in a motel bed, her phone to her ear, as she leaves a message for Jeremy, "Hey, it's me again. Anna. Stalker chick and Foosball champion. I'll be at the Grill later, if you want, you know, a rematch, or whatever." Ben exits the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He looks over at Anna as he dries his hair with another towel, "Who are you calling?" Anna hangs up her phone, "Jeremy Gilbert." Ben raised a brow, "You're not, like, into him, are you?" Anna rolled her eyes, "I need him for something. Get over it." She turned her head to the other bed where Cordelia's unconscious body lay still, "Dude, you gotta stop doing that." 

She turned to Ben who had pulled the window back burning his skin in the sunlight. "I know. I just-I keep forgetting," Ben replied to her. "You're new. You'll get it," Anna responded to him. Ben sees an open journal lying next to Anna and picks it up. He lies in the bed next to her as he examines the contents, "You found the Gilbert journal?" Anna scoffed, "Does that look like the Gilbert journal?" Ben shrugged as he looked over at her, "Well, it's old and musty, and how am I supposed to know the difference?" Anna frowned, "I don't know, I figured maybe, just maybe, you've been paying a little bit of attention since we met." Ben scoffed at her words, "You know, you don't have to talk down to me. I'm not stupid."

Anna gets up and walks over to the mini fridge. She extracts a bottle of blood and walks back over to Ben, sitting down on the edge of the bed, and handing him the blood, "Here. Drink. I don't want you getting itchy around the witch. She can sense if you're weak." Ben uncaps the bottle and gulps down the blood. He scrunches his face up as he examines the bottle, "When can we go hunting again? This tastes old. I want fresh blood. Or perhaps the blonde laying there?" Anna glared at Ben, "She's off limits. And when we get that tomb open, you can kill anyone you want. For now, just stay focused on Bonnie while I try to get the journal back from Jeremy's teacher." 

Ben looked down for a moment before looking at Anna, "Why did you choose me?" Anna looked up at him and placed her hand on the side of his face, "I needed someone in a position to be my eyes and ears. Small town bartender fit the bill." Ben raised a brow at her words, "There are plenty of bartenders to choose from. Why me?" Anna huffed and stepped back from him, "You were sad, Ben. You lacked purpose. You needed me." A groan from the bed alerted the two, Anna was quick to grab the syringe, she turned back to Cordelia who began blinking her eyes open, "W-what's h-happening?" Anna took in a cautious breath before stabbing the needle into Cordelia's neck, emptying the syringe knocking her out again. "And now we're out of nightshade," Anna told Ben who was uneased by that.

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

After collecting the Gilbert journal from Alaric, Anna was looking through it while Ben was preparing for his date with Bonnie where he would take her hostage so they had a Bennett witch to do the spell with Cordelia. "Anything?" Ben asked Anna. "Not yet. Just a lot of gibberish. Yeah, some people just shouldn't journal," Anna replied to him with a sigh. "I thought this Gilbert was the brains," Ben told her as he leans over to look at the journal. Anna looks up at him, "Don't you have a date?" He smirked, "Yep. Wish me luck." Ben moves in to kiss Anna, but Anna pushes him away, not taking her eyes off the journal. Anna continues to read on as Ben walks out of the room. However, Cordelia seemed to stir slightly as a blurry image appeared in her mind.