1.16 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐛

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"I'm here to help for my reasons," Cordelia spoke the moment she approached Bonnie, Sheila, Stefan, Damon and Elena at the entrance of the Tomb, "So keep that in mind." Sheila looked up at Cordelia with interest, "You've gotten stronger." Cordelia smirked at the woman's words and they all watched in surprise as the wind around them picked up and Cordelia's eyes went white. "A lot stronger," Cordelia told her as Jeremy stood with Cordelia. "What are you doing here?" Elena asked her brother. "I'm here to support Cordelia," Jeremy told her with a shrug, Cordelia smiled genuinely at her best friend's words.

"Let's get this over with," Cordelia told them before grabbing Jeremy's hand and pulling him along with her, she was mostly ensuring that Anna wouldn't get her claws into him knowing the girl's intentions were impure. Stefan looked at Elena as Damon followed behind Cordelia and Jeremy, "Everything okay?" Elena frowned with a shrug, "I just want to get this over with. Are we ready?" Bonnie sighed at her friend knowing she wasn't happy with Cordelia's presence nor Jeremy knowing and participating in this stuff. "I guess so," Bonnie replied to Elena before they all headed into the tomb where Jeremy leaned back against the far wall and Cordelia stood by Sheila who was telling her what she needed to do.

Sheila is lighting the torches of the tomb as Bonnie and Cordelia stand on either side of her as Stefan, Damon and Elena watch from the entrance. "Air. Earth. Fire," Sheila spoke before Bonnie added, "Water." She held up a water bottle and Sheila took it, sprinkling the water on the floor. "That's it? Just water from the tap?" Elena asked making Cordelia roll her eyes. "As opposed to what?" Sheila asked Elena who replied, "I just figured maybe it would have to be blessed or mystical or something." Cordelia raised a brow at the brunette before shaking her head, "You watch too much TV." Cordelia held her hand out to Sheila who pulled out a sharp knife, the others looked in confusion.

"Whoa, hold on," Stefan interrupted as he stepped forward ignoring the look on Elena's face while Damon smirked as Stefan continued, "Is that needed?" Sheila cut through Cordelia's palm allowing the blood to drop from it onto the floor between the two Bennett witches. "It'd be too dangerous to channel directly from Cordelia herself but we can channel a dose of her magic from her blood. The same blood that holds no temptation to you or your brother," Sheila expressed to Stefan who lowered his gaze while Bonnie and Elena were wide eyed at that information. "They don't thirst for her?" Bonnie asked. "They care for her, love her or have bonded with her. Her blood is nothing they desire," Sheila added, her eyes on Stefan when she said 'love'.

Damon pulled out a blood bag and unravels it catching Stefan's attention, "What's that?" Damon turned to Stefan with a slight smirk, "It's for Katherine. Gotta have something to get her going. Unless your girl's offering a vein to tap." Damon looks at Elena who looks back at him, unamused. Stefan sighs and Damon whisper directly to his brother, "Admit it -- you can't wait to get rid of me." Stefan chuckled at that, "I can't wait to get rid of you." Damon hummed but Cordelia saw the pain flicker in the older Salvatore's eyes, she frowned and sent him a look but he waved her off playing cool. "We're ready," Bonnie informed them.