1.18 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"I've never heard of a Shadelight," Cordelia said to Omari, she was watching his every step as he paced the graveyard, his hands comfortably behind his back. The way he held himself was elegant and old, it was clear he had been alive for a very long time. "I'm surprised that the old woman didn't warn you," Omari replied with a smirk, "But that just means that you don't know how to stop me or my intentions." Cordelia was uneased by that, she hadn't had the chance to discuss other forms of Starlights with Sheila as she had died. "I'm sure I could still stop you if I needed to," Cordelia told him sternly, she wouldn't show any weakness or fear.

"Clara claimed the same, darling," Omari carried a regal British accent, practically purring each word that left his lips. "But that didn't work out for her, why would it work for you?" Omari asked next. "Because she loved you and I do not know you," Cordelia replied shocking the man. "You're smart, I'll give you that, Darling," Omari cooed, "Yes, she foolishly fell in love with me and my charm despite Damon Salvatore's words of warning or the realisation that Stefan was practically putty in her hands." Cordelia furrowed her brows at that, she didn't know about that as neither brother mentioned Clara but then again, Cordelia had yet to talk about her to them either.

"Has he worked it out yet? Or is he still chasing Petrova tail?" Omari asked before laughing at the confusion on Cordelia's face, "Oh, goodness. You haven't caught on, Dear, have you?" Omari stood in front of Cordelia, he reached to brush her hair out of her face causing her to grit her teeth to prevent flinching away, she wouldn't appear weak in front of him. "You, the quail. Stefan, the bat. Nik, the wolf. Oh, so poetic, you see. Many claimed you would make a choice between them but a single encounter between the wolf and bat changed the fates," Omari whispered, "This will be fun to watch, little quail."

He stood behind her with a malicious smirk on his face, "But first..." Cordelia went to scream as Omari's teeth sunk into her neck but his hand in front of her mouth seemed to silence it; she could feel the magic from his palm. Her heart was racing as Omari fed from her, she closed her eyes and focused on her energy before a bright light filled the area causing Omari to flee quickly in an attempt to escape it. Cordelia fell to her knees as she took in slow breaths, she didn't even know she was capable of such power with so little training. And million of miles away, Nik stood holding his neck in pain, he growled under his breath and glared at his witch who couldn't seem to pinpoint his soulmate's whereabouts.

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Cordelia had no idea what to do in relation to Omari but she needed to warn Caroline, Jeremy and Tyler as soon as possible to prevent them from being easy targets for the man. She needed answers about him and her only chance would be through Pearl who had warned her prior to the encounter with the Shadelight. However, upon arrival at the Salvatore house she runs into a situation involving a double date, Stefan and Matt admiring a very beautiful car while Elena and Caroline stand together with tense shoulders. "Cori?" Caroline called out noticing the blood on her sister's shirt.