1.13 | 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

When Cordelia woke up the next day, her body felt sore and her head was aching but the bullet wound was gone. She looked around to see Stefan sitting by the bed with his journal in one hand and a pen in the other as he wrote about his recent experiences. "What's wrong?" Cordelia asked Stefan knowing immediately that he was on edge for some reason. "I'm okay. How are you feeling?" Stefan asked hoping to dodge Cordelia's questions, she had been through something tough and he wasn't there; he felt guilty for not stopping Damon from letting her get involved. "I'm alive. Now tell me what's wrong," Cordelia demanded, she could feel his overlapping emotions.

"You were right... Elena found the picture of Katherine and took off... I found her car on the side of the road and she is currently road-tripping with Damon," Stefan told her truthfully while the blonde sat up against the headboard. The day before she had been placed in Damon's room however, Stefan had moved her into his room to keep an eye on her until the blood had left her system. "Well, Damon isn't gonna hurt her and you know that," Cordelia told him before wincing, Stefan was quick to rush over and help her sit comfortably. "I know. I just don't..." Stefan trailed off as he sat down next to Cordelia, he sighed and looked away from the blonde.

"Have some trust in your brother, he won't do anything and maybe this could be a good thing, she can ask Damon questions and he won't twist them," Cordelia assured Stefan, she knew that Damon wouldn't because of her but she couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't stir the pot. "I can do a location spell if you want me to," Cordelia offered. "No!" Stefan shouted causing Cordelia's eyes to widen in slight shock before he continued, "You need to focus on healing and resting after what happened." Cordelia rolled her eyes but accepted his words. "I'm hungry," Cordelia whined making Stefan laugh. Stefan grinned at her, "Want me to make you something?" Cordelia nodded.

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"You don't need to carry me downstairs, Stefan," Cordelia told Stefan as he carried her in his arms, he didn't want her to be in anymore pain. "I wanted to," Stefan told her before he sat her carefully on the stool at the counter. Cordelia leaned on her arms as Stefan go to work making some food for Cordelia, she watched him closely as he seemed relaxed despite the whole 'Elena finding out about being a Katherine lookalike' thing. "For someone whose girlfriend just learned she was a duplicate of someone her boyfriend once knew, you are very calm and relaxed. Especially with the knowledge that she's with your brother right now," Cordelia expressed to Stefan who sighed.

"I know," Stefan responded as he turned to look at the blonde, "But like you said, I have to trust him, right?" Cordelia smiled at Stefan, her eyes showing how proud she was that he was trying to give Damon the benefit of the doubt. She knew that was a lot for Stefan after everything that had happened between him and Damon but the improvements would only create a stronger bond between the two and fix their bond. Cordelia smiled as Stefan placed a plate in front of her, it was a omelette with bacon on the side. "That looks so good," Cordelia told him as he grabbed some utensils for her to use, "Thanks Stefan."