1.12 | 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐥

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Cordelia stood at her locker with Tyler leaning against the one next to her, she was currently checking on the light bruise on his jaw; she knew exactly who did it. "With the animal attacks in town, it'd be a great opportunity," Cordelia told Tyler who chuckled lightly. "Thanks, Cori. But not worth the effort," Tyler replied to her before spotting two unlikely people walking down the corridor together. "Is that Caroline and Matt?" Tyler asked. Cordelia turned her head to see her twin and Matt Donovan walking together, smiling and laughing. "Yeah, they've been hanging out. I mean, it sucks for Sam but oh well," Cordelia told Tyler who laughed. "Sam's had a thing for Caroline for years and hasn't done anything," Tyler responded to her.

"Oh, trust me, I know. But he's adamant that the time will come when it's supposed to," Cordelia told Tyler who simply laughed with an eye roll. "Sounds like Sam," Tyler replied to her as he looked over to see Elena and Bonnie walking down the opposite end, "Would you look at that." Cordelia followed his gaze and winced, she shook her head and looked at Tyler, the two shared a laugh knowing that Elena may act indifferent but the girl wouldn't be happy about her recent ex getting close to Caroline. "That's their issue... which I'm sure I will hear all about from Caroline once Elena confronts her or indirectly upsets her," Cordelia said to Tyler as she closed her locker and adjusted her bag. "Valid point, Cori," Tyler responded before the two walked down the corridor talking.

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Cordelia was walking down the hallway after ditching math as she didn't want to deal with the teacher when someone grabbed her arm and dragged her into an empty classroom, she looked up with pure white eyes only to relax seeing Stefan and Damon standing there. "What the hell is wrong with you two?" Cordelia asked them as she crossed her arms, "Next time, I'm giving both of you some nice headaches." Damon smirked while Stefan watched her with an amused expression, she furrowed her brows noticing the air between the brothers wasn't as tense as what it used to be. "Since when are you two so chummy?" Cordelia asked with a smirk.

"We may have taken in your words about brotherly bonds," Damon spoke knowing she would let this fed her ego. "And Lexi had a few things to say as well," Stefan added before shaking his head, "But that's not why we are here." Cordelia nodded but was silently enjoying the small victory of the start of the rebuilding the bond between the brothers. "So what is up?" Cordelia asked them. "A girl was found dead, vampire attack," Damon summarised. "But... you've been behaving?" Cordelia questioned confused. "Yes, I have. Which means we have a new vampire in town," Damon informed her. "Great... How do we locate this one?" Cordelia asked them.

"No, no, no. You are not getting involved in this. This is us warning you to be careful but that is it," Stefan told her with a stern expression. Cordelia and Damon shared a look before they both laughed leaving Stefan unamused. "You could get hurt," Stefan told her. "Stef, I'm a literal witch," Cordelia reminded him with a smirk, "And I've been doing magic lessons with Grams. I'm all good to help." Damon smirked and rested his arm around her shoulders, "And we shall do that. Let's leave boring Stefan here, shall we?" Cordelia nodded and allowed Damon to lead her out of the classroom leaving Stefan there with an annoyed expression.