1.7 | 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Cordelia leaned against the wall as Stefan stood in front of the cellar door that currently contained a weak Damon Salvatore. "Where is my ring?" Damon asked his brother. "Won't be needing it anymore," Stefan replied to him. "How long have I been here?" Damon questioned the two outside his cage. "Three days," Cori replied as she moved forward. "What are you doing?" Damon asked Stefan who sighed ignoring Cori's accusatory glare, "During the Dark Ages when a Vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to re-educate them rather than punish them."

"You know what will happen if I don't... feed on blood," Damon breathed out painfully. "You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually, you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone, ever," Stefan expressed while Cori frowned, she wanted to stop Stefan but she had to let Stefan handle this how he needed to; Though she wouldn't actually let that happen to Damon. "So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement forever?" Damon asked Stefan with an angered tone.

"I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt and then in fifty years, we can re-evaluate," Stefan answered him with the plan he had made even with Cordelia's objections. "I'm stronger than you think," Damon warned him. "You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain. And we both know it. I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way," Stefan replied before closing the small hatch, he turned to Cori who was already walking up the stairs. "You're upset," Stefan pointed out as he followed her upstairs.

"You just locked Damon up like a rabid dog rather than trying to find another way of handling it," Cori replied as she grabbed her bag. "He's a danger--" Cori cut Stefan off, "To who? Who is a danger to other than yours and Elena's relationship? The same relationship that was formed within a few days of knowing each other... Oh, wait... She doesn't know you. Does she?" Stefan was taking aback by Cori's words, he hadn't expected such a reaction. "Maybe it's just me but my sister is my world. I'd never lock her up and I'd never put anyone else above her. Maybe that's something you and Damon need to re-evaluate," Cori snapped before walking out.

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

"The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who could pull off the bikini. I want, in your face, sexy. I mean, it's a fund raiser, for god's sake," Caroline spoke as she walked down the hall with Chelsea and Angela trailing behind her, an annoyed expression on Angela's face. "So Vicki Donavan, huh?" Cori asked Jeremy who sighed. "Elena told you," Jeremy replied making her laugh. "No, Aunt Jenna did actually," Cori laughed remembering the phone call she shared with the older woman who had complained about how terrible her nephew was at hiding things.

"Look, just remember what I told you, Jer. You can be more than just her toy," Cori said as she finished up in her locker, she looked over at Stefan and Elena with a slight frown. "And you crushing on my sister's boyfriend? You can do better," Jeremy responded though he hadn't expected it. "It's not a crush, Jer. He's with Elena so it won't be a crush. It's attraction simply because he has the 'Fab Five' and it's frustrating," Cori whined to Jeremy who laughed, he remembered when Cori made up the 'Fab Five' list. If someone was; 1. Beautiful 2. Had pretty eyes 3. Caring 4. Willing to Listen and 5. A little dangerous.