1.5 | 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐞

════ ★: *

════ ★: *.☪ .* :☆ ════

Cordelia sat next to Bonnie at the dining table with Elena across from Bonnie and Stefan sitting at the end of the table. "Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" Elena asked her boyfriend. "Well, he let me on the team, so I must have something right," Stefan replied to her though it was clear the air was awkward. "Bonnie, Cordelia, you should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him and--" Bonnie cut Elena off, "Yeah, I heard." Cori sighed at Bonnie's tension, she looked at Elena who frowned before focusing on her food. "Why don't you tell Stefan about your family?" Elena asked Bonnie.

"Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad," Bonnie answered with an uninterested tone. "No, about the witches," Elena corrected before turning to Stefan, "Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool." Cori nodded as Bonnie spoke, "Cool isn't the word I'd use." Stefan cleared his throat, "Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic Druids that migrated here in the 1800s." Cori smiled slightly at that, of course, the history buff would know something like that. "My family came by way of Salem," Bonnie corrected. "Really? Salem witches?" Stefan questioned her. "Yeah," Bonnie nodded.

"I would say that's pretty cool," Stefan said truthfully. "Really, why?" Bonnie asked him intrigued. "Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity," Stefan expressed. "Yeah, they are," Bonnie replied with a smile on her face. The doorbell rings again and Cori looks at her companions who are also unsure about their new guest. "I wonder who that could be," Elena said as she got up to answer the door, Cori following behind her watching as she opened the door to reveal Angela and Damon. "Surprise! Bonnie said you were doing dinner so we brought dessert," Angela said as she held out a cake.

"Hope you don't mind," Damon said as he glanced at Cordelia. "What are you doing here?" Stefan asked, Cori hadn't even realised that he stepped up next to her. "Waiting for Elena to invite me in," Damon replied before looking at Elena. "Oh, yeah, you can..." Elena was cut off by Stefan, "No, no, no. He can't, uh... he can't stay. Can you, Damon?" Cori looked between the two brothers and immediately picked up on the hostility, she had a dozen questions to ask both of them in hopes to fix whatever is happening. "Get in here," Angela said, she had already stepped inside the home. "We're just... finishing up," Stefan added trying to delay Damon's access to the Gilbert home.

"It's fine. Just come on in," Elena moved aside for Damon to walk inside, he smirked as he did so ensuring to look pointedly at his brother. "You have a beautiful home, Elena," Damon complimented. "Thank you," Elena replied before everyone met in the living room. "I cannot believe that Mr Tanner let you on the team. Tyler must be seething, but good for you. Go for it," Angela encouraged Stefan. "That's what I always tell him. You have to engage. You can't just sit there and wait for life to come to you. You have to go get it," Damon added as he rested his arm behind Angela's head on the couch.

"Yeah, Elena wasn't so lucky today. It's only because you missed summer camp. God, I don't know how you're ever going to learn the routines," Angela voiced dryly making Cordelia glare harshly at her. "I'll work with her. She'll get it," Bonnie replied in defence of her friend. "I guess we can put her in the back," Angela said causing Cori to scoff. "Okay, you've been in the back for the past two years, why are you making decisions like your the captain? Last I checked, Caroline was and you weren't," Cori snapped at the girl who shrunk in her seat. "You know, you don't seem like the cheerleader type, Elena," Damon voiced to Elena.