morning|13

5:17 AM

The cold tile floor against my feet wakes me from zoning out.

did I actually just do that?

"shit..."

The word stings my heart, knowing I hurt someone I love, but has caused so much damage, hate and hurt to myself and others.

He used to be a good person. A loving one at that. Someone you could count on whenever days got bad or rough, he was there.

He changed once he touched alcohol. I was five.

Mom and Dad divorced.

Dad moved away, from New York to Colorado.

After that, his alcohol addiction kept getting worse.

He kept getting worse as a human being as well.

My chest keeps on getting heavy and heavy. Anxiety attack.

running to my room sitting down on my bed, my whole body shaking.

why is this happening now?

"Hey hey, it's okay.."

Kenny holds me from behind, comforting me in a way no one has in a very long time.

"Just breathe,"

He comes face to face with me.

"In.. and out.. just like that.. everything is fine" he holds both of my hands crouching in front of me.

"I- um.. thank you." my eyes glance down from our hands to his eyes meeting mine.

"do you want me to leave you alone for now or get you something?"

"it's fine let's just go back to bed."

~

9:58 AM

waking up, looking next to me not seeing Kenny. He probably left.

In the hallway walking toward the washroom door, Kenny is walking out.

"oh shit, I thought you left-"

 "good morning.. I uh, I didn't mean to overhear.. but about ur dad, if you ever want to talk about that, I'm here. And YOU should know that" Ken ruffles my hair trying to lighten the mood.

"yeah, totally," I remember what events had taken this morning, causing me to rub my face.

~

Kenny and Kyle decided they wanted to hang out since Kyle didn't want to rot at home, playing hello kitty Island Adventure with his little brother. Kyle had also mentioned me to come along with them. so here I am.

arguing with them about our heights.

"FUCK YOU MEAN!? IM 6 FEET! I CAN LITERALLY BE AN NBA PLAYER!!" Kyle shoots in the hoop over and over again, while I and Kenny laugh at his antics.

"yeaaah? I can too??" Kenny brags rolling his eyes.

"Kenny, ur only 5,10. " Not bad at all since I was 5,7. PSH LIKE I WOULD ACTUALLY ENJOY looking all the way up to a 6,3 person daily, like let's be realistic. 

"psh, I bet y/n can't wait for you to gain a couple more inches.." I burst out laughing. having a dirty mind can be quite crazy some days.

"AYO! Y/n! What did you think I was saying?" Kyle holds the ball in one hand, pointing at me with the other.

"NAWWW YOU SAID IT SO WEIRD KYLEYYY" 

"last time I checked, I was a pretty good size" Kenny lifts his baggy jean taking a peek, making me put on my hood covering my face between my legs to stop laughing.