[S 1] (Chapter 16) Climate Change

I'm sitting in my waiting room as I wait to be called up for my next match, "Todorki, what's wrong, why were you so upset?" I think back to Todoroki's and Sero's fight and how fast he took him down, "What happened to make you so upset?"

Uncle Zawa then sounds through the speakers of the waiting room, "Can Izuku Midoriya and Shoto Todoroki make your way to the arena."

I take a deep breath, "Guess it's time." I then stand up and leave the room, heading towards the arena. 

Along the way I hear Present Mic announcing the match, "Are you all ready for the first match of the second round?!" I hear muffled cheering from the crowds as I approach the arena entrance.

Present Mic continues, "Alright alright, lets get this show on the road then. On one end we have an amazing strategist with a Quirk to back it up, from 1A's hero course, Izuku Midoriya!!!"

I walk out onto the arena and focus myself, "Get ready, this is big."

Present Mic then introduces my opponent, "And on the other end, we have a mix of hot and cold, also from 1A's hero course, Shoto Todoroki!!!"

He walks out onto the arena and stares me down with a very serious expression, "Okay then, let's see what you can do."

Present Mic then readies the audience, "Now that both our contenders have been announced and present, we'll begin in... 3!!!"

Todoroki bends his knees.

"2!!!"

I pivot my left lag back and keep my right arm be tween me and Todoroki.

"1!!!"

The air seems to cool significantly as I bend my knees.

"BEGIN!!!"

A wave of ice is immediately sent my way, I react quickly and bring up my right arm as I bring out my shield. The ice makes contact and misty cold air spreads around my side of the arena, I take a deep breath before slamming my shield into the ice in front of me, causing it to shatter and push away the misty air.

I look up and see Todoroki take a step back with weary eyes, I smirk, "Is that all you got? I though you were the No. 2 hero's son." his eye twitches so I taunt him some more, "I know you have more in you than that, show me it!"

Todoroki replies, "Don't tell me what to do!" he then sends out more ice my way.

I block the ice wave before bashing it away with the stored energy, "That won't work. try something else." I equip the shield to my other arm before flying up into the air with Burn Orange.

Todoroki sends ice up at me but I spin around it before diving in, his eyes widen slightly before he jumps back, I was a little too slow and I throw a left hook into the ground where he last stood, absorbing some energy from the impact. 

I send out my grapple towards Todoroki, but he throws his hand up and makes an ice wall with the grapple inside, "That won't work."

I smirk, "Wasn't meant to." I then pull myself in by recalling my hand, then throw a Burn Orange Thruster Kick, breaking the ice.

Todoroki acts quickly and slides away on ice, I also notice that small frost building up on his right side, but I ignore it and quickly act and chase him with my thrusters, Todoroki sends ice my way but I barrel through it using my shield as a battering ram, absorbing more energy.

I then boost the Burn in my right leg and kick Todoroki across the face, I then grab his shirt and use the thrusters in my arm to throw him away towards the edge of the arena, but he stops himself by making an ice wall to catch him in time.