[S 1] (Chapter 25) Hospital

I slowly begin to wake up as I struggle to open my eyes, I quickly close them again from the bright lights above me before I try opening again, getting used to the light, I notice my left arm is connected to an I.V tube.

I look around further, "Where... am I?"

I try to get up, but something stops, a weight on my chest, "Huh?"

I look down and I see Mina of all people, laying her head on my chest, asleep, "Mina? Am I at UA?"

I look around to confirm this, but the room doesn't look like Recovery Girl's office, "No, this looks like an average hospital."

I look back at Mina as she turns her head in her sleep, showing her eyes are a little puffy and red, I frown, "Was she crying?"

I take a deep breath, then start to lightly shake Mina, "Mina~ Mina, wake up."

She shifts in her sleep before opening her eyes, "Izuku?"

I smile, "Hey..."

Her eyes widen upon recognizing me and site up, I try to apologize, "Sorry for scar-"

Then she hugs me, "You're awake!"

It surprises me, but I can't complain, so I hug her back, "Yeah I am, but... how long was I out?"

She breaks the hug and looks down, "Days..."

My eyes widen and I shoot up, "DAYS?!" before I suddenly get lightheaded and groan, laying back down.

She gets closer to me and puts a hand on my chest, "Hey! You need to be careful, your body's still tired."

I sigh, "Yeah, I got that..." and chuckle.

She frowns, "I was really worried, everyone has heard of your fight with Stain, and how you took him down again when nobody else could stand up against him."

I stay silent as she continues, starting to cry, "Then you collapsed and Mirko didn't even wait for transport and she brought you straight to a hospital, as soo as I heard I came running, I was so scared for you. Your mom came by too a few times, dropping me off here so I can see you."

I look to the side, "Sorry I scared you, I just couldn't-"

She nods, "I know, you needed to help, it's that reckless part of you that I love."

My eyes widen and I look at her, smiling at me with care in her eyes, "But you need to stop being so reckless when you try to help people."

I stare at her, "Did she just say what I think she just said?"

She eventually looks away, a little disappointed, I smile, "I love you too y'know."

She perks up and looks back at me, "Wha-?"

I sit up slowly and say it again, "I love you, Mina."

She stares at me as she asks, "Are you... serious?"

I chuckle as I nod, "Yeah, I am." I look away, a little embarrassed as I scratch the back of my head, "I... have never been so... focused, on someone before now, you mean a lot to me."

She smiles, and I continue, "I... I just want you to be safe, like in the USJ, and after that happened, I wanted to train harder to ensure that. I guess... that's why I couldn't stop training, I just want to be able to protect you."

She holds my hand, "Izuku..." I look at her and she continues, "Thank you, but you can't be so reckless just to keep me and others safe, you could've died with what you did, please don't do that for my sake, okay?"