Chapter 2 : World Martial Arts Tournament

Chapter Two

The following day arrived just as swiftly as the previous day came to an end. It was finally tournament day, and it also marked the long-awaited reunion with Goku. For the kids, it would be their first time meeting Goku in person.

Syx, eager to rest and gather enough energy to watch the entire tournament, managed to wake up early. This was a rare occurrence for him, as he was not accustomed to waking up at such an hour.

Sporting an oversized shirt, dark boots, and trunks, Syx headed to the kitchen to grab a quick snack. He reached into the fridge and retrieved a yogurt, fully intending to make his way back to his room. However, he was interrupted by a noise coming from the backyard. With a spoon still in his mouth, Syx ventured outside, realizing that his sister Hope was once again engrossed in her training.

Syx: Good morning, Hope!

Hope: No, leave me be. I'm busy training.

Syx: But I want to train too! I can do it!

Hope: Hmm, I don't know. You're quite weak to be a sparring partner.

Syx: I'll prove to you that I can be strong!

Hope: You can't just magically become strong, especially at your age.

Syx: Aw man, does that mean I'm weak forever?

Hope: Seems that way...

Meanwhile, Maron and Y/n were in their respective rooms. Y/n had just woken up and began rummaging through his clothes for something to wear.

As Y/n found his casual attire and a gi, he turned to Maron to seek her opinion on which outfit he should choose. However, he noticed that she was staring at him intently, her own preparations left half-finished.

Y/n: What's going on?

Maron: Nothing.

Y/n: Then why are you giving me that strange look? Did I forget something? Or?

Maron: No, it's just... I like this moment...

Y/n: Staring at people while they're trying to get dressed? Sure, whatever floats your boat.

Maron playfully threw a pillow at Y/n.

Maron: You're gross. The kids could've heard you, you know.

Y/n: Hope is way too focused on her training, and SYXTEEN is probably sleeping.

Maron rolled her eyes at Y/n's exaggerated pronunciation of Syxteen's name.

Maron: Yeah, yeah, I know you don't like the fact I named him Syxteen, but it's a way for him to honor his heritage.

Y/n: Then you should've given him one of those cool Saiyan names like Salad. Anyway, so what were you happy about?

Maron: Oh right, I was happy... happy about this family. It's amazing... And I'm so grateful that we're all together.

Y/n: ...

Maron: What's the matter?

Y/n: You need to learn how to sense energy... Both Syx and Hope's power levels went up, or in Syx's case, whatever he had stored increased.

Transitioning outside, both Syx and Hope stood in battle stances. Syx's stance was poorly executed, while Hope struggled to maintain a calm expression, clearly wanting to laugh at his stance.

Hope: It's been two well-spent years.

Syx: Technically, I've been alive for four years, so uh, two is less than four - wait, the other way around.