Chapter 4 : Junior Division, time for the new gen to shine!

Yamcha made his way through the crowd to reach his seat, sitting down beside Y/n and handing him an ice cream cone.

Yamcha: These are the last two.

Y/n: Seriously? Thanks, Yamcha.

Yamcha: No problem.

Y/n: Honestly, I'm more interested in watching this ice cream melt than the junior division fight.

Yamcha: Come on, your kid is fighting too. Don't forget-

Chi-chi: -The main event will be our kids fighting. You should be excited for that.

Yamcha: Yeah, that's what-

Maron: -The competition might not be great, but still, you should be hyped.

Y/n: What if they end up fighting each other in the middle of the tournament? That would make the rest of it pretty boring.

Yamcha: I guess you have a point-

Oolong: -The kids will finish the fights quickly, and the tournament will be over before you know it.

Yamcha: Yeah, Oolong-

Bulma: -You know guys, I wonder which one of our kids will make it to the final round.

Looking down at the tournament ring, Trunks and his opponent make their way to the arena side by side.

Announcer: The first round of the junior division is about to begin. 15-year-old Idase versus 8-year-old Trunks!

Idase: Ready to cry, short stack?

Trunks: Please... Just don't talk.

Idase and Trunks step into the arena.

Idase: Are you sure you don't want to beg?

Trunks: Are you sure you want to... Keep living?

A man in the crowd throws down a bottle of beer and starts laughing.

Man: That 15-year-old is going to destroy that 8-year-old kid!

A woman in the same stands as the group starts cheering Idase on with all her might. In her enthusiasm, she accidentally knocks Oolong's ice cream cone into his face.

Woman: Go Idase! Momma's watching!

Oolong: Excuse me?

Woman: ...I wish they had matched Idase with an older kid. This won't even warm up my boy. And of all the times for my camera to break, I wanted to capture my child's rise to fame.

Bulma groans in frustration and stands up accidentally knocking Yamcha over.

Bulma: COME ON, TRUNKS! SHOW THAT BOY WHO'S BOSS!

Woman: Dream on, honey.

Bulma and Oolong stick their tongues out at the woman.

Announcer: Alright, let's begin!

Idase throws a few playful punches, mocking Trunks.

With lightning-fast speed, Trunks dashes towards Idase, closing the distance between them in an instant. Before Idase can react, Trunks lands a powerful punch square on his face.

The force of Trunks' strike propels Idase backward, crashing him into the ground and leaving him dazed and defeated. The crowd gasps in awe of Trunks' incredible strength and precision. Trunks stands tall, victorious, while Idase lies on the ground, struggling to comprehend what just happened.

Announcer: This kid is out cold!

Y/n: I thought it would be quicker, but I guess this is okay.

The medics efficiently assisted Idasa off the arena, promptly scurrying away to ensure that the next match could commence. The announcer returned to his designated spot and cleared his throat with a hint of uncertainty in his voice.