Chapter 26 - Truth

Bakugo's head spun with everything that had taken place that evening. He was dimly aware he was being led somewhere by the beautiful red headed stranger but didn't care where it was. 'I've ruined everything,' he thought glumly to himself, knowing it to be the truth.

He blindly followed the stranger into an apartment building being half dragged along by the hand. He was aware that the man was chatting away but couldn't focus on the words he was saying. A pit of despair had opened in his stomach and he felt like it was going to swallow him whole.

The two came to a stop in front of a shabby door and the redhead fished some keys out of his pocket before opening the door and leading Bakugo into the small apartment. Bakugo glanced backwards and shut the door behind him, before turning and walking straight into the back of the other man who yelped.

"I'm an idiot!" the redhead laughed, spinning around on the spot and looking sheepish, scratching the back of his head with a hand. Bakugo just stared at the man, his brain only working at 10% capacity. The man thrust his hand out towards Bakugo.

"Names Kirishima Eijirou, nice to meet you," he said confidently, as if it wasn't weird that they were only just introducing themselves in his apartment. Bakugo stared at the hand in front of him for a moment before grasping it and muttering, "Bakugo Katsuki."

"Bakugo! Nice, come in, make yourself at home and all that," Kirishima gestured to the sofa before walking into the kitchen just off to the side and grabbing two glasses and a bottle of whiskey before placing them down on the small coffee table and flopping down on the sofa next to Bakugo.

"Man, you look like you need this," pouring a glass he handed it to Bakugo before continuing. "So tell me about it man, not healthy to keep it all bottled up," Kirishima spoke gently before taking a sip of his.

Bakugo held the glass in his hands, staring into the amber liquid, motionless trying to hold back the tidal wave of feelings in his chest. In the blink of an eye he bolted up, standing and throwing the glass back, drinking all the liquid in one giant gulp. Kirishima gasped slightly and then started to laugh as Bakugo instantly began coughing and tears welling in his eyes before slumping back down to the sofa where he continued to cough, causing Kirishima to laugh even harder.

"Why the fuck did I do that? That shit b-burns," he leaned back on the sofa and placed a hand over his eyes and groaned. "Why the fuck did I treat him like shit for so long..." he added quietly when the coughing subsided.

"We all mess up sometimes man, as long as you do your best to make it right. That's the manly thing to do," Kirishima soothed, patting Bakugo on the shoulder gently. Bakugo nodded his head slightly behind his hand.

"You're a gay right?" Bakugo mumbled behind his hand.

"A GAY?!" Kirishima barked with a laugh, making Bakugo jump and drop his hand to stare at the other man.

"I mean I guess you're not wrong but people tend to say 'you're gay' not you're 'A' gay Bakugo," Kirishima chuckled and had another sip of his drink.

"Sorry, I'm not really used to talking about this shit, it's all new to me," he said sheepishly, his cheeks flushing ever so slightly as he looked away. Kirishima punched him lightly in the arm.

"It's fine man, we all have to start somewhere, you only came out recently?"

Bakugo shrugged and let out a sigh, feeling the whiskey tickling at his senses he relaxed slightly, sinking in the chair and began to talk, without really thinking.

"I've always known I was gay, ever since I was little. But I didn't want to accept it. I grew up in an extremely homophobic town. Everyone always said it was disgusting. When I moved to the city I fell into crowds that were even more homophobic and tried to suppress everything even more. It's been eating me forever. When me and Deku reconnected, something in me snapped..." he trailed off staring down at his palms with a look of disgust as if they were covered in blood. Kirishima hesitantly stretched a hand out towards Bakugo's and placed his own over the other man's, making him look up and blinked with their close proximity. Kirishima gave a lopsided grin and Bakugo's face turned scarlet. Quickly pulling away he made his hands busy and poured them both another drink as they were both now out. Kirishima stretched back onto his side of the sofa and grinned as Bakugo handed him the other glass and took another sip.