Chapter 7 - Hiding

Izuku gently pushed on the door to the back of Club UA after typing the pin code into the terminal. He stepped into a dark corridor as the door swung shut behind him, waiting a moment for the automatic lights to switch on. They burst into existence all at once making Izuku squint at the sudden bright lights, letting out a small hiss between his teeth.

Club UA was to the public eye a host and hostess club, however the rules here were made by the host's themselves, if they wanted to sell their bodies, that was up to them. The owner of the club, Toshinori Yagi, would rather his boys and girls do things like that where he could keep an eye on them and protect them. He knew only too well that if he didn't give them a safe place to do it they would just do it elsewhere and end up getting hurt. Izuku didn't sleep with any of his clients except for one however, and even then it was just to get his hands on the next distraction from his miserable existence. Izuku had never been a fan of drugs, but when a smooth talking stranger came in buying him drinks and tipped him more in one night than he had earned in a month, he gave in pretty quickly.

He had been working at the club for well over a year now, since wandering in here one night after one of Kaachan's more horrible games. He had been looking for a place to drink away his misery and Club UA was having an open casting night for potential new hosts. Drinks were on the house if you were interesting enough and Izuku was broke so he put on his best smile and fake confidence. Within an hour he had found himself sitting with Toshinori Yagi or 'All Might' as everyone in the club called him.

All Might was intrigued by the boy in front of him, he could see beyond the fake smile and knew there was much more depth to Izuku than he was letting on. He also thought the green haired boy was outstandingly beautiful, witty and very easy to talk to - A natural host. He had offered Izuku a job on the spot, shocked Izuku had agreed and here he was so many months later.

Izuku stumbled through the messy corridor, tripping slightly over the large boxes of bottles and cans that lined the walls. He cursed loudly when he knocked into another box and it went toppling off of the pile it was on but thankfully it only had napkins in it and landed with a dull thud on the ground.

As he made his way further into the building he glanced into the few offices and storage rooms that lined the corridor, not spotting anyone and feeling very relieved. He'd been dreading seeing someone before he'd had the chance to shower and change his clothes. He was overly conscious of the dried blood on his arm, matted hair and damp clothing, he knew if anyone saw him like this they would have a lot of questions.

Hurrying along the rest of the corridor he found the entrance to the staff changing room and pushed inside, noting as he did that he could hear the distant thud thud of music from the front of house, Present Mic was clearly here already but he knew the man wouldn't come to the staff room in the middle of his practice.

The door clicked shut behind him and Izuku lent against it to catch his breath. He hadn't realised he'd been panting, but the thought of getting caught in this state had sent his anxiety skyrocketing. He briefly closed his eyes, taking some long steadying breaths before pushing away from the door and unconsciously tiptoeing to his locker.

Each host at UA had their own double lockers. They were floor to ceiling and big enough for a large amount of clothes, shoes, accessories and more. Izuku kept quite a few changes of clothes here and grinned at his organisation skills when he opened his locker. Without hesitation he slipped his jacket off then ripped off his shirt, wanting to get the smell of Katsuki and blood off of him as soon as possible. He discarded the shirt in the bottom of his locker with the other detritus that lived there, shivering at the sight of the blood on the shirt and his arm.

Izuku froze when he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror hanging on the inside of one of the locker doors. 'I'm so pale' he mused to himself before taking in his many injuries. His torso was littered with bruises ranging from light red to green and purple. Numerous cuts and scrapes also covered him, along with the large gash in his forearm, which to Izuku's horror, he saw was still bleeding very slightly. Biting his lip he screwed up his eyes trying not to cry again. 'It's just like Kaachan says, I'm pathetic and useless...' his thoughts trailed off as he opened his eyes again, taking in his own appearance; scars, bruises, cuts and scrapes, it definitely painted a picture, but not one Izuku wanted to examine any longer. Grabbing his wash bag he slammed his locker shut, trembling with anger, anger at himself for being such a waste of space.