Chapter 3 - Dinner

Shoto's apartment was located a couple of miles away from the university. It took them only a short time to get there on the bike while dodging between slow moving rush hour traffic. Izuku gripped Shoto's waist tightly as they drove and Shoto felt giddy at the feeling of Izuku's thighs pressing tightly against him, but the ride was over far too quickly for his liking and soon Shoto was pulling into the small underground car park attached to his apartment block.

Getting off the bike they both removed their helmets, Izuku requiring help yet again and they then climbed the stairs to Shoto's first floor apartment and entered into the small living area. Shoto placed both the helmets by the front door on the floor, placing Izuku's bag next to them and took the jacket from Izuku to hang up. Izuku was extremely nervous, fiddling with his hands and looking all around the place as he walked through the front door, he was so distracted he nearly forgot to take his shoes off.

"Welcome to my place." Shoto said, leading the way into the main area. "It's not much, but I couldn't stand living with my father and siblings anymore so I picked the first place I came across." Shoto stood in the middle of the living area and watched Izuku as he took in his surroundings. It wasn't much, a small living area with a two seater sofa across from a TV, a kitchenette along one wall and a dining table currently covered in books & papers with two chairs. There was also a small balcony and an open door leading to the bedroom. Izuku blushed when he saw the large double bed sitting in the bedroom and diverted his attention quickly away from it, trying to pretend he hadn't noticed it.

Shoto stood quietly watching Izuku and the many emotions playing across his face. He could tell the boy was extremely nervous about being here but didn't want to say anything to scare him off. Shoto let the silence drag out for a while as Izuku tried to calm himself down.

"So," Shoto said, breaking the silence and making Izuku jump slightly. "Dinner." He said bluntly and walked over to the kitchen, opening a cupboard to check it's contents. "Are you happy with whatever I can rustle up?" Shoto began rummaging in the open cupboard and then the fridge. "I'm a pretty good cook if I do say so myself," Shoto said with a chuckle. Izuku just watched him, frozen in place, unsure how to react to this situation. Shoto shut the fridge and looked over at Izuku.

"What?" he said, frowning slightly.

"I...don't know what to..." Izuku trailed off while gesturing at the room vaguely. Shoto chuckled softly.

"Why don't you just sit on the sofa and watch while I cook us some dinner?" Shoto said gently. After thinking it over Izuku nodded stiffly and went to sit on the sofa looking extremely uncomfortable.

Shoto worked in silence, feeling it would be best to just let Izuku sit and process the situation while he worked on dinner. He cut up vegetables and breaded the meat, boiled rice and soon the smell of curry filled the room. Shoto glanced at Izuku while he cleared off the dinning table of his school work as the food cooked and was delighted to see eager eyes staring back at him.

"Hungry?" Shoto asked as he placed the dinner plates on the table. Izuku nodded smiling sheepishly as he moved to the table. Izuku's eyes flew wide as he saw what had been presented to him on the table.

"Katsudon?!" he exclaimed with a squeal and sat down hurriedly. "Katsudon is my favorite," he murmured smiling shyly at Shoto. Shoto chuckled "Well that's a nice coincidence then, I hope it lives up to your standards".

They ate in mostly silence, Shoto watching Izuku closely, savouring the sight of him and trying to memorise every little detail about the messy green haired boy while Izuku's attention was solely on his food. After they ate Izuku insisted he washed the dishes to say thank you for such a wonderfully delicious meal, so it was Shoto's turn to sit back and watch Izuku. He sat and analysed the boy from head to toe, taking in his bare feet, tight black jeans, loose fitting white shirt which had finally dried off (much to Shoto's disappointment), all the way up to his messy green locks on the top of his head. It was the first time since Izuku had gotten out of Bakugou's car that he seemed mostly at ease and that made Shoto happy.