Chapter 16 - I can fly

Flashback to over a year ago, six months after the boys had started at Tokyo U.

Katsuki was fast asleep when his phone went off, a loud ringing filling the room causing him to stir. Grabbing the phone and looking at caller ID he saw it was that shitty nerd Deku, and that it was just before 3am.

"The fuck do you want you fucking nerd, it's nearly 3am!" he had nearly shouted down the phone. But when he had stopped to take a breath to shout more he noticed the background noise and came up short. He could hear wind buffeting the speaker from Deku's side of call and Katsuki frowned. "Kaaaaaachaaaaan!" Deku had spoken and then giggled. He actually giggled, Bakugou didn't know what to say to this. "Kaaaachaaan," he said in a sing song voice and then it clicked in Katsuki's brain as to what was going on. He slumped back into is bed as he spoke.

"You're drunk, aren't you Deku?" he said, with a slight hint of amusement in his voice, Deku just giggled in response. "I've never seen you drunk before," Katsuki mused aloud and rolled his eyes.

"Why are you drunk calling me? And where are you anyway? it sounds super windy," Katsuki asked, curious. But Deku didn't answer, instead he acted as if he didn't hear the question.

"Kaachan, you know how today... at the university, you hurt me right?" Izuku spoke in a cheery voice, but Katsuki stiffened where he lay, slowly moving back up into a sitting position. Deku continued without waiting for a reply.

"And you know how you told me to take a Swan dive off the ru-roof? Hehe" Deku's voice was full of cheer and he hiccuped over the last word, but Bakugou felt sick to his stomach, realisation slowly coming to him. He sat and swung his legs off the bed and tried to ask again. "Deku where are you?" But again he didn't answer. He heard the clink of a bottle against stone and then heard Izuku take a long gulp of something.

"Essh yuck! Hehe," Deku giggled when he finished his mouth full. "I don't even know whatthisis..." Izuku slurred at the end of his sentence and Bakugou heard the glass bottle clink again as it was placed back down. "But it was freeeeeeeee!" Izuku started to ramble about how he'd been given the bottle of whatever it was in a bar, but then told himself to be quiet because he couldn't talk about the bar as Kaachan didn't know about it. The entire time Izuku was rambling Katsuki sat stiff on the side of his bed, racking his brain and trying to figure out where Izuku might be.

If his guess was correct he was at the top of a tall building, very drunk and willing to jump. Bakugou felt awful, this was entirely his fault. Izuku would never have put himself in this position if he hadn't been so cruel to him. He had to do something, he had to stop Izuku from doing something stupid.

"Kaachan..." mid ramble Izuku's voice changed, sounding suddenly mournful and drew Bakugou's full attention. "Kaachan... Do you kn-know that song?" Izuku hiccuped mid sentence. "It goes something like 'my legs are dangling off the edge, the bottom of the bottle is my only friend, I think I slit my wrists again and I'm gone gone gone gone'," Izuku sang the words and Bakugou's heart fell into the pit of his stomach, a cold sweat breaking out over his entire body as he nodded unconsciously, "I t-think I know the one..." his voice cracked as he replied, his throat completely dry. Izuku giggled "Good."

Bakugou could hear some movement before Izuku spoke again. "because my le-legs are da-dangling off the edge, and my bo-bottle is empty now too! Haha," Izuku laughed and kept hiccuping. Bakugou waited, but Izuku didn't say anything else. "And what about the 3rd thing?" he spoke gently, as if not to scare Izuku off.

"What? Slitting my wrists? Hahaha of course, what do you take me for?? Hahaha," Bakugou listened as Izuku laughed so hard he could barely breathe to speak. "My shirt.. Hahah... My Shirt is nearly... Ahaha... It's nearly all red! Ahahaha."