Chapter 9 - Oblivion

All Might stood surveying the club from an upstairs balcony reserved for VIPs. From his vantage point he could see nearly everything in the club. He watched as the mass of bodies writhed on the dance floor below, occasionally taking a sip of his drink. He had been preoccupied all evening, concern for Deku plaguing his thoughts. Ideally he wouldn't have let the boy work this evening but he knew he couldn't let him leave either, as he may do something stupid if he didn't have a safe place to go.

Toshinori watched over the club for a long time, seeing patrons occasionally come and go from the red booths all while listening to Present Mic's music blaring across the club. 'Deku is on his fourth client of the evening, that's not like him... he seems to be turning them out quickly today,' Toshinori mused to himself while taking a sip of his drink. 'He tends to prefer giving each one more time...something is clearly wrong,' All Might sighed heavily, he knew without getting the boy to talk about his problems there was little he could do except wait. He wanted to offer his help and support but at the same time didn't want to frighten the boy off.

Toshinori was so lost in thought he nearly didn't notice the casually dressed blue haired man walk into the club flanked by two thugs, only noticing him when he stopped outside Deku's booth. The blonde man froze and frowned darkly, watching as he entered the booth and the two thugs stood either side with their backs to the entrance while watching the room. He knew exactly who this man was, Shigaraki Tomura, the son of an extremely powerful crime lord who ran the city's underworld with almost no opposition. Tomura was just as sick and twisted as his father, and unfortunately had taken a liking to Deku the moment they had met.

The business All Might was in meant he regularly had dealings with people like Tomura and his father, but at best, he tolerated them. Even though he knew his own business dealings were shady, he aimed to keep all his staff happy and as safe as possible. The Shigaraki family were the opposite, only looking out for themselves. So when Tomura took such an interest in Deku, he knew it would eventually end badly for the boy. He had warned Deku to stay away from Tomura if he could but the boy had brushed it off, saying he could handle some rich man's brat of a son and grinned that beaming smile of his.

After a short while Tomura exited the booth with one arm draped over Deku's shoulder possesvily holding him close. All Might held his breath as Aizawa, one of the club's senior bouncers approached them. This was standard procedure if one of the hosts left their booth with a customer and went to go to a private room or leave the premises. The bouncers and hosts had code words & phrases to ensure that the host had given their consent to move to somewhere more private. After a few moments of discussion Aizawa bowed his head and stepped out of their way and Toshinori's frown deepened even further as the 2 men followed by Tomura's thugs exited the club. Turning, Aizawa looked up to where All Might stood on the top floor, and All Might beckoned to him, Aizawa hurried up to him.

"Where did they go?" Toshinori spoke as Aizawa stepped into the VIP area, which was currently empty except for Toshinori. Aizawa let out a sigh shaking his head as he ran his hand through his long dark hair.

"To a hotel I think. That Shigaraki boy would barely let Deku speak, but he did use his code word to say he's fine." Aizawa shrugged, looking troubled.

Toshinori sighed again and sat down heavily in one of the chairs, leaning forwards on his knee and rubbing his brows. "This can only end badly for Deku."

Both men stood in silence, trying to think of a way to fix the situation but neither came up with a solution. After a few minutes Toshinori spoke. "Thank you Aizawa, you may go." The dark haired man nodded and left.

- - -

Izuku swayed slightly and hiccuped behind Shigaraki as the older man opened his hotel room. The two bodyguards had left them and Izuku was so drunk he couldn't even recall what they looked like but they were now alone together and that's all that mattered. Izuku followed Shigaraki into his hotel room, not noticing his surroundings at all as he was directed towards the bed. Shigaraki sat on the end of the bed and indicated for Izuku to kneel on the floor in front of him, giggling Izuku obeyed and knelt in front of him looking up at the older man.