💫 1 💫

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Myths and legends had never done my kind justice. No one understood the peace you could get from simply kneeling in the moonlight staring up at the stars as you felt the Goddess's presence around you. She gifted you with serenity, even if only for those few moments alone with her, and offered you advice to get anything you could possibly dream of.

Her power was limited but she didn't need anything more than the influence she held over her creations. That was enough for me.

I didn't have anything to ask her tonight, I just wanted to bask in her glory for as long as she would have me. She felt stronger than usual, almost agitated, but that didn't deter my fascination.

As I sat there taking in everything she had to offer, I heard her voice. Nothing more than a gentle whisper in my ear that added a mixture of joy and comfort to the never-ending loyalty I laid at her feet. I listened carefully to what she said, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stunned by the command that left her divine lips.

"There is a group of people you are yet to meet. Your people. Follow my guidance and I will lead you to them tonight."

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

She was leading me to a party. A party. Of all the places I expected to meet 'my people', a party certainly wasn't one of them, but I followed her lead as she shone a light on a large house I'd never seen before. Revelling in the attention I rarely received from her, I couldn't help myself from blindly walking through the streets of LA until I found the exact location she wished for me to go.

I didn't know what 'my people' meant, if I was being honest. There was a time when 'my people' was supposed to be a pack, a pack that dictated your every move and forced you to abide by their personal set of rules. But perhaps the Goddess had known the pack I was born into was not truly my own, because she'd never punished me for leaving. Nor had she ever left my side every step of the way. That was how I'd known back then that it was the right thing to do, however, I had my doubts about this new plan of hers.

As if I'd known where she was guiding me before I left the house, I was coincidentally dressed for a party, in a long-sleeved black crop top with a cut-out at the chest, belt-like buckles holding either side of the top together; a zip-up skirt with a thick waist and silver rings hanging down from each hole along the waistline; a pair of thick boots that removed my ability to be stealthy in any way.

For a moment, I hesitated outside the house's thick gates, looking up at the sky for any sign that I needed to turn back. The Goddess was gone now, though, awaiting my arrival at this address and no longer willing to tell me what to do next. So I slid through the open gates, walked across the drive, up some steps, then pushed open one of the thick double doors leading me into a hallway. The party inside could be heard from the street, dozens of people I'd never seen before scattered everywhere chatting and drinking, some even dancing to the music that blasted throughout the house. I tried not to get noticed by anyone as I navigated my way through the room. Who, among this huge group of people, could possibly be those I was looking for? How was I supposed to find them here?

As I reached the other side of the masses into a slightly quieter part of the hallway, I noticed a room blocked off by a large-looking man with his arms crossed as he leaned against the archway. He was assessing everyone around him with almost a glare on his face, daring anyone to try to go through to the private area. I couldn't see much, since at my angle all I could tell was that there were a few people in there, but something drew me a little closer.