💫 42 💫

welcome back to Claws. I'm sure it's been a long week for everyone but I am back and have a VERY long chapter for you right here.

also, the necklaces are in the header above ^

so, enjoy :)

(it's 1am so technically 2/10 - Americans shut up this is the correct format for dates)

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

CASSIE

A familiar voice roused me from my sleep. I blinked a couple of times as I tried to adjust to the warm light in the room, narrowing in on my One as he sat in the corner of our bedroom with a phone pressed to his ear.

"Yeah... I'm glad, man... No, you shouldn't have to worry about that. She'll keep him in check... I know... Haha, well, that changes a lot for everyone. I know I've never been happier..."

It took me a moment to hear the other end of the phone call, since I got so distracted by Reggie's profile. I quietly sat up but it was all too loud for a fully-awake vampire who seemed to be a little on edge. Our gazes met and his hand tightened around his phone.

"Oh, sorry, man I gotta go," he said hastily, rising from his chair and beginning to walk toward me.

"Don't worry about it," Tom's voice replied. "Can you arrange that for tonight, though? I need to know so I can prepare everyone and give them a few... instructions."

"Yeah, I'll sort it out. See you later."

Tom called out to someone in the background before he bid farewell and Reggie sat down with me. He dropped his phone carelessly on the nightstand, gently leaning over to press a quick greeting kiss on my lips. I found myself frowning slightly as I glanced between him and the device.

"Did I wake you? Sorry, it was important."

I shook my head. "It's okay, I would've woken up soon, anyway. What... Has Tom accepted our alliance?"

Reggie smiled. "Yep. He's willing to sort out the little details tonight and get this whole thing started immediately."

"That's... great. I know Amy'll be happy. There's something about Tom she seems to like." I said the last bit quieter, thinking about how she seemed to favour him. I couldn't understand that woman if I tried, but it was strange how she'd attached to Tom and treated him so differently to anyone else. I supposed she saw something good in him from her little con when she was meant to kill him, and maybe a part of her was worried she needed to compensate for her original cruel intentions.

Reggie wasn't nearly as interested in the she-wolf as I was, simply getting up and helping me do the same. I pretended that it wasn't bothering me as we zipped into our bathroom for a quick shower.

We were some of the earliest risers, so it was pleasantly quiet downstairs by the time we got to the living room. I settled myself on our couch, waiting for everyone else.

As usual, it got to a point where everyone but the lovebirds were here, and Reggie decided to give them a heads up for the fight that would probably ensue the moment he shared the news with our irritable leader.