💫 53 💫

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

"You can't beat Blake, stop kidding yourself. You're just as delusional as your father."

I expected some kind of spike of anger or sadness, but instead Amira's emotions were completely under control. She was taking charge of the situation, demanding respect and obedience without doing a damn thing. Just looking at her, rather than fearful, I was entranced, eager to find out what would happen if this really went down right this second.

Amira looked at the outspoken pack member with malice, though. As much as she was plenty prepared to deal with Blake, Anna, Kian and everyone else, something about this man was different for her. I wondered what the history was, until she said, "My father made the mistake of challenging before he was ready, before he had people behind him to support and empower him. I haven't made that mistake, Dickwad."

Dickwad.

There was only one man Amira called Dickwad consistently, one man whose guts I'd hated since she told me the story of her parents and why she was an orphan from so young. What I didn't expect was to see that man standing among the people who knew what he'd done and even who cared about Amira — like Anna. Or maybe she was just Anna's escape, someone she could run to outside of the pack who wouldn't ever snitch on her because she disliked the pack as much as they disliked her.

Whatever the situation, Amira wasn't the only one angry now. Seeing Dickwad in the flesh really set something off in me. She was no longer the only person the others needed to watch out for. If he wasn't careful, I was going to kill him myself.

"Do you really think a clan of vampires tolerating your existence makes you any stronger than the rest of us? How delusional are you?" Dickwad snapped, his lips curling around his wolfish teeth. I hadn't even noticed till then that his eyes were orange, but it didn't make him as intimidating as he thought it did.

Amira tilted her head to the side with a wicked smirk on her face. "Do you think you're stronger than me? Than Blake? Is that why you feel the need to flash those sharp teeth?"

"There's no doubt I'm stronger than you, Andrews. The Andrewses have never been strong. When your father challenged me, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what had possessed him; he should've known what would happen."

"And now you're trying to get into my head, huh?"

Dickwad shrugged as if he didn't care about any of this, finally letting his jaws retract and his eyes fade back into a muddy green. "I don't need mind games to fuck with you, your self-control is right on the edge and always will be. The slightest thing has the chance of tipping you over."

"I beg to differ," Amira scoffed.

"Then get on your knees."

The snarl that left me was unexpected, to say the least, and it reminded the wolf pack that we were all still here. Dickwad found my eyes for the first time, which were no doubt glowing red, and he just chuckled.

"So you've found someone just like you."

"Quit your yapping," Amira sighed, casting a glance back at me. My fangs snapped back into my gums and I adjusted to cross my arms in annoyance. I didn't know how she was staying so calm without hating it.

Dickwad's eyes flashed orange for a moment like my obedience had annoyed him, which just made me want to copy Amira all the more.

"If you think I am so weak — and they're clearly the only people you're willing to fight — then why don't you fight me? Finish off the bloodline if you succeed?"