💫 27 💫

no more filth hehe

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

KATRINA STUART

"Sam? Are you awake?"

I gently knocked on his door hoping that if he was asleep, he wouldn't hear me. I didn't want to disturb him unless he'd done exactly as I did.

Something shifted on the other side of the door before it barely cracked open to reveal Sam still dressed. It had been hours since we'd all gone to bed, but he looked just as put-together as earlier, which was the complete opposite of me in my shorts and ponytail. I gave him a timid, apologetic smile, but he just nodded me inside without saying anything.

His sheets had a perfect dent where he must have been laying for a while, and he dropped right onto it as I shut the door behind myself.

"No one else is awake, right?" I questioned.

He nodded. "I haven't heard anyone for about half an hour now."

"Good," I sighed. I sat down on the chair in the corner of his room, bringing one foot beneath my thigh as I tried to adjust to his strong scent surrounding me. I'd not been with him while I was a vampire, so I'd never had this much of his presence invading my senses all at once before. When our eyes met, I knew for a moment that he was thinking the same thing before we both looked away. I breathed in deeply, resting my mind on what we were supposed to be talking about. "Were you listening, too?"

"I had to," he replied quietly, raising a hand behind his head and staring up at the ceiling. There was a little curve to his lips, a smirk I wouldn't have noticed without looking closely. "We all knew Colby didn't like that Amira's slept with both those guys, so I had to know whether she'd actually care about it. And now we do..." He shook his head. "I'm so happy for him."

"Me too."

"Amira knocks out like a light but I think she heard what he said. That's it now, he's not going back on his decision. They've fully accepted each other and if all goes well, maybe they'll even seal the deal."

"They already have," I giggled, the need to blush being overwritten by the lack of real blood in my system. But I couldn't stop smiling anyway, so I knew Sam could feel my happiness.

He rolled his eyes. "I meant in the supernatural way, but sure. I'm glad they held out this long, to be honest. If they'd done that ages ago, I don't think it would have turned out this way."

"No, not even close," I agreed. "What do you think will happen next, though? Because I can't see them just becoming a couple, something simply isn't right about that."

He sighed heavily and we both stopped to think for a long time. There was a lot going on all at once. We'd been hearing about Aiden's path of destruction since our last encounter. He was trying to bait us into attacking again out of the blue, but Mike was doing everything in his power to convince us that it wasn't the right idea.

Sabotaging Aiden's properties and turning his people against him was going quite well, we just needed to continue that and wait until the right moment to strike directly. By the same token, he'd attempted to get at us, but we'd ended up actually coming to our clan's aid rather than letting them get killed. We gave a shit about everyone who was allied with us, unlike him.