💫 43 💫

I'll be honest I didn't edit this one but I'll probably check it another time and fix any mistakes

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

"Shut up, Mike," I growled. "They're werewolves?"

"Yeah..." Tom trailed off nervously but when he saw the intense gaze I had at his face, he added, "We're pretty sure they're with Aiden because of the timing. Reasoning didn't really do much, they just kinda ignored us and kept trying to break in."

"Since they aren't vampires, they don't have to adhere to thresholds and can come at us in the day. That's why we're having so much trouble with it, otherwise we would have disposed of the hit teams by now," Ellis said.

I pressed my lips together in annoyance. "What pack is it?"

"Don't know. As I said, we can't reason with them," Tom told me.

"And they're just attacking you without even letting you talk them down? In the fucking day? That's against so many packs' rules."

"We've only managed to injure one when they reached inside after breaking a window."

"How?"

"I bit their wrist," said a vamp who had been quiet up to this point. She instantly reminded me of Devyn in the way she quickly looked away the moment eyes were on her.

I scrubbed my face. "If you get any inkling of what pack it is, you instantly come to me. Another wolf speaking to them might do something."

Tom nodded. "Of course."

My eyes flicked to Colby, who was already watching me. He looked a little guilty, as if any of this was his fault. If some pack out there was causing trouble among vampire clans, they were bound to get themselves killed. The honour code didn't extend to werewolves, so if Tom learned their grounds' location, he could attack them at night without concern for damaging his reputation. After all, they'd wrongfully attempted multiple raids at his own lair, so he had every right to defend himself.

A part of me was glad they'd only managed to injure one wolf so far. It would be a lot harder to convince a werewolf pack to stop being absolute morons if someone had died. Packs were too tightly-knit to let something like that slide.

"I didn't think Aiden liked werewolves," Cassie commented with a frown.

"He doesn't. He's likely just using them to gain an advantage," Mike replied. "It's fairly common."

"I don't care if he's using them or not, it's disrespectful for a pack to act like that. I know some truly hate vampires and will do anything for the upper hand, but that is just too far." I was shaking my head as I spoke, glaring at the floor. Whoever this pack was, they were going to get a piece of my mind as soon as I found them.

Cassie's head tilted. "Would the Goddess punish them for it?"

I glanced up at her in surprise. Her acknowledgement of the Goddess's existence so casually wasn't something I got from this clan often. Whenever I would go outside to speak to her or simply enjoy the moonlight where I knew she was watching, the others were more than skeptical. Some probably thought I was crazy for thinking she truly visited us.

Slowly, I said, "No... If they were using the same tactics against other packs, she would, but vampires aren't hers to protect. Back in the day, she might have even encouraged it."

"And now?" Corey questioned.

"I don't believe she cares either way."

Tom shuffled in his seat but surprisingly gained a little more confidence as he looked directly at me across the room. "Do you speak to her often?" he asked.