💫 57 💫

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Colby and I seemed to have come to a bit of a crossroads. Words we wanted to say to each other were lingering now at the back of our minds, creeping slowly to the tips of our tongues, but neither of us seemed to have the courage to actually come out with it.

We knew it, though, deep down. I knew when I looked at him the vast feelings I had, and I knew when he looked at me that he was drowning in the treacherous sea of the bond.

There was no escape now, after so long together.

However, we didn't have to succumb to it just yet. Our personal relationship needed to take a step back while we had so many other problems threatening to take it all away from us. So, as we stood outside watching everyone train, we didn't even touch. A couple of feet were between us and both of our arms were crossed, as if we were in the midst of an argument.

I didn't push to join in for once, as I was too busy strategising against Blake and my old pack. Somehow, I had to find a way to either take them down or take him down and put someone in his place. It would be difficult to find someone I trusted enough — who was a werewolf, at least — who would be able to defeat him. For all he lacked in leadership skills, he made up for in raw strength and will in battle, so he wasn't a weak opponent. Defeating him would be no small feat.

Most werewolves leaned toward packs, which meant not only would I have trouble finding a strong enough combatant who was trustworthy, but I'd also have to find one from the limited pool of line wolves like myself. I didn't think I'd ever really seen any others like me, as what I did a few years ago was seen as taboo, and remains so now.

Mike called out to me so I willingly stepped into the ring to spar with Tara. With my mind so occupied already, I wasn't trying too hard, something she quickly noticed and complained about. I told her we'd do it again another time and eventually I ended up back in the spectator circle. We disbanded a few rounds later, all choosing to head to the living room except for me. I went to the kitchen looking for a snack, hoping that having something to eat would bring me back into the real world.

It didn't.

But Colby's arms wrapping around me from behind while I was aimlessly staring into a cupboard did. I let the cabinet door swing shut as I peered over my shoulder back at him, leaning into his frame almost in relief. His face tucked briefly into my neck, where he must have inhaled my scent before leaving a soft kiss there. It felt like we hadn't done anything together in quite a while, though we'd done plenty while away visiting Mama Luna. It didn't feel like enough.

With only one thing now on my mind from just that little kiss, I spun around and raised onto my toes. Colby caught onto what I wanted instantly, his hands sliding onto my waist and his head dipping down to lock lips. I leaned into him as I pushed forward, and he backed up a step willingly into the island. I wasn't surprised when I felt his hands on my ass instead of waist.

Grasping his shirt, annoyed that he didn't have a button-up on, I let our hips collide and his kiss grew eager. A small hum slipped from my throat as he squeezed me and closed his teeth around my bottom lip. I willingly opened my mouth for him, our tongues tangling in an instant like we'd been deprived of one another. Doing anything more than this in the kitchen with the others almost in view was gonna result in an endless bank of comments about our sex life, so with great difficulty, I pulled back and stole his hand to drag him to the stairs.

The moment the door shut behind us, any holy thoughts were long gone.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎