💫 67 💫

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Shortly after our lovely guest left, Colby finally had a look at all the information Kian had given me, and no matter how much he didn't want to admit it, he was impressed. I sat beside him smug, watching his face drift through emotions. As he came to the last few files, I turned my head to Cassie, satisfied that I'd done something good for our situation.

"You didn't seem worried I was gone," I said to her, purposely squeezing Colby's thigh where my hand had been resting for quite some time.

She smiled. "Yeah, I heard you leaving but I was tired so I left you to it. Figured you'd be able to look after yourself and would call if you needed us... or Colby would go and hunt you down. Either way, I knew you'd return."

A disapproving grunt came from my mate but we both ignored him. "Well I'm glad someone has a brain around here."

"I was this close to coming after you. Reggie had an iron grip, though." Her eyes flitted to the man beside her and they smiled at each other for a moment. I looked away to leave them to it, finding Colby's own gaze on me, unimpressed.

"Quit pouting," I teased. "I'm alive and look at all the amazing information we have on the pack and some of Aiden's clan now." Refusing to let it go, I stared directly back at Colby using the full extent of my puppy eyes, my lips twisted at the corner in a cheeky little smirk. He melted for me internally, I knew he did, but on the outside he was still stern.

"Don't do it again," was all he said, passing the Manila folder to Sam and Mike.

I squeezed his leg and kissed his shoulder, as I muttered, "I won't, I promised you." He hummed, sliding his arm across the back of the couch behind me.

Everyone had a look at the files if they were interested, some of them deciding it didn't matter as they'd just follow our lead. We discussed what would happen next week, and figured there was no reason to sit and wait for them to attack. Sam explained another house they had in the city, suggesting we stayed there for a short while. There was only one small problem.

"There aren't enough rooms for everyone, even coupled up, to stay in."

"There are a lot of us," Katrina reminded him. She chewed on her lip in thought. "How many rooms are there, again? It's been a while since I've been there."

Sam sighed. "Three."

"And there's twelve of us... Four couples plus Sam and I, and Mike and Kevin." Katrina groaned. "That's tricky."

Colby's jaw ticked. "If some of us are leaving, the others aren't stayed here. I'd rather be cramped with all of you in sight, than separated. We're asking for trouble."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, but where are we gonna fit in that place?"

"We'll figure it out."

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Colby and I fucked the day before we planned on leaving. In his never-ending and sudden kindness, he offered to be the only couple without their own room in the other house, and that meant for as long as it took for Aiden to attack, we wouldn't be able to do anything. Not without a room.

So we got it out of our system as much as possible and I glared at him one last time for suddenly deciding he wanted to be nice to the others.

Thankfully, though the house was much smaller, so was the kitchen, giving us lots of space in the living room to spread out a little. Mike and Kevin both had a small loveseat to sleep on, while Sam and Kay agreed just this once to sleep on one of the other two big couches next to each other. Colby and I had the last one. It was just big enough for a couple to sleep on, though not necessarily next to each other, so I felt a little bad for Sam and Kat. They had enough history without adding cuddling for a week to it, but we had little other choice.