💫 69 💫

yes i cut off your smut. no whining.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

Everything was trashed. A part of us knew they wouldn't leave the house alone just because we weren't home, but we still had an ounce of hope that we'd return to it in tact.

Still standing, every room had holes in the walls, broken furniture and blood splatters. No room had been treated like me and Colby's. Our closet had been torched, all of the clothes I'd managed to save from my apartment completely gone and some of my belongings straight up missing. My heart sank as I stood in the doorway staring at everything — Colby's brilliantly obnoxious bed was nothing more than a pile of wood and charred sheets. That was what upset me the most, even above my clothes.

He tried to comfort me despite his own fury, but I brushed him off and slid away from everyone. Whether or not they heard me get into my car, the one thing of mine still remaining, or not, I wasn't sure; I just couldn't stay here. I was fed up of my things getting destroyed.

Driving in the dark gave me a little bit of solace. Peace. No one was ruining my happy life out here, I could breathe easy.

Except... I soon caught onto a familiar scent. I pulled over to the side of the road, slamming my car door as I got out in search of who was following me. Their figure lurked in the dark, hesitant to come out into the light in case I gutted them alive. I considered it, but it wasn't who I thought would be following me.

"I'm not pissed at you."

Tom's soft features crept out, his eyes never leaving my form as he made his way across the road. I sighed, and he gave me an apologetic smile. "I was... hunting and caught your scent. Got curious why you were alone."

"Our house was trashed," I explained. "My shit always gets ruined. It doesn't matter how many times I rebuild, it always falls back down again." I crossed my arms. "My poor closet."

Tom exhaled sharply. "What I've seen of it, it was pretty legendary."

"Thank you."

"Of course." He fell silent for a few moments considering what else there was to say. Something still lingered at the back of my mind but I didn't feel it was my place to ask, so instead, I motioned a hand at my car. "What?" he asked.

"Want a ride home?"

"It'd be faster to run."

I glared at him. "Get in the car, Tom. At least then Colby can't beat me up for being completely alone out here with Aiden prowling about."

"He might beat me up for being alone with you," Tom murmured but did as I asked and climbed into the passenger seat. I started up my engine, my fury still raging inside me. Having someone there was nice, though. "I'm guessing Aidan's the reason the house was trashed?"

"Yeah," I muttered.

"Colby warned me that might happen," he admitted. "Pretty sure he warned all the allies, just in case. We haven't been hit but we've noticed everyone's getting scared of what'll happen next."

I shook my head. "They don't have to be scared. An incredibly strong werewolf and vampire are on the frontlines of this war. Aiden will pay if he even gets the chance to hurt any of you."

"Still... No one is truly immortal, some less than others." His eyes flicked to the window, a thoughtful expression taking over his features. I couldn't help myself.

"You know, I've been wondering something about you for a little while."

He smiled. "I know what you're going to ask."