💫 38 💫

Colby's pov? in a filthy chapter??!!!

yep.

☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎☯︎

COLBY BROCK

Amira finally knocked out after the fifth round — a feat I was quite frankly astounded by. Without being a vampire, I couldn't imagine how anyone, even a werewolf, would be able to possess that kind of stamina. Perhaps for some she-wolves it was different and they didn't need as much, or perhaps disappointing their women was just a common tradition among werewolves that no one knew about.

Knowing I didn't have long until she woke up screaming in my absence, I very carefully shifted her from my chest and slid a pair of baggy gym shorts over my hips. I stopped by the bathroom, placing my hands on the countertop as I examined my neck for the mark she'd left. It was huge — and so deep it looked like an actual wild animal had done it, but at the same time, it was kind of beautiful. I found myself caressing the indents in my flesh for a few seconds in appreciation for what they meant.

But there was something I wanted to do before Amira needed me back. I didn't have time to admire it right now.

I darted downstairs into the kitchen where I'd been able to hear the voices of the others during the quieter moments in my bedroom. I'd no doubt they'd heard pretty much everything and Devyn looked mentally scarred, however, they kept their eyes to themselves as I entered, not even muttering a single comment about this whole thing. I was glad about that. If they made fun of us now, they'd be insulting Amira's condition.

Mike was the only person to glance in my direction, and I quickly spoke to keep his attention on me, drawing everyone else out of their silence. "Mike, quickly, status on the hideout?"

"Easy target," he replied simply, shrugging. I frowned at him. Normally, he would go on rants for hours about new locations we hadn't been to before, pointing out every flaw and explaining every tactic to get inside. I appreciated if he was just taking 'quickly' too seriously, but that kind of answer didn't help.

"The vampires inside?" I questioned. "Security? Frequency of turnover?"

"Colby..." Mike trailed off suddenly.

Sam came up beside me to pat me on the shoulder. "Brother, none of this concerns you right now. Your One is a ticking bomb upstairs, the last thing either of you need is stress over Aiden and Paula. Focus on yourselves."

"I'm the boss," I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest and pulling away from his grip. "I don't give a shit what's going on personally, I need to know-"

"Get the fuck back upstairs to your unnecessarily stunning One and make sure you're not the reason she wakes up in agony this morning," Katrina snarled at me, a shift so sudden in her mood that it startled me. She was glaring directly at my face, daring me to disagree.

Time was ticking along and if I wasn't careful, Amira would be upright screaming in just a few seconds. That wasn't something I could do to her when it was so easily preventable, so I took a step back. "Alright, fine. Just make sure you don't do anything until I'm back. No decisions can be made."

"Yes, Sir!" Jake exclaimed as he saluted me, then smirked. "Now, fuck off, Sir."

I chose to ignore him as I zipped back upstairs into my bedroom. The door slammed behind me, creating a loud echo I thought might wake Amira up. Quieter this time, I crept over to the bed and climbed inside with her to find she was still fast asleep, happily curled up breathing heavily as if I'd never left. I pulled her back on top of me so her leg and arm was draped across my stomach, her head on my chest. Contentment wasn't the start of my feelings toward spending so much time like this with her.