( 02; a new beginning )

' paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"n-nice to meet you all..." 

that was the greeting from the meek and shy [name], visibly stiffened at the numerous sets of eyes on her. she was only able to look down, realizing that she was most likely the youngest out of all of them.

"my name is [name], and i hope we get along well..."

hopefully.

she had already known of her duties and newfound powers but had yet to understand why her hair had gone curlier than a twisted balloon the moment she woke up.

she already had trouble with her past hair, and that it had gone curly? would it stay like this forever or something?

my hair should be the least of my worries...

she noticed an old man sitting by one of the dining tables of the noodle shop she was brought into, watching him laugh loudly in an odd manner,  "yes yes, nice to meet you too little lady!! how respectful...!"

she only nervously bowed once more, now noticing another one speak up. ha-na looked quite beautiful in her eyes, "at least we finally have another girl in our group."

"then what was i the entire time hah?!" mae-ok complained, but she brushed off ha-na's teasing comment and turned to the newfound counter, clearing her throat, "gosh, what a cute girl you are little [name]!!" she brought both her hands to the girl, offering a handshake. "it's nice to meet you, my name is cho mae-ok."

[name] hesitantly accepted, a little slow in her actions, "y-yes, hello ma'am..."

"say," mo-tak gestured his hand to her, "what's your grade? and how old are you again?"

"i-i'm in grade twelve, age eighten, sir!!" she answered stiffly, the 'sir' part making both mae-ok and so-mun chuckle in the background. 

[name] started to panic, watching mo-tak open his mouth, most likely about to say something, but backed off instead. she had just arrived, maybe he shouldn't scare her off so early in the game.

"she looks rather fragile..." ha-na whispered to mo-tak as [name] was finally introduced to the second youngest in the group, a nervous chuckle escaping past both of their lips. "is she going to be all right?"

"well, don't worry about that," [name] was continuously fidgeting in her place, fingers lacing and nails scratching her skin once in a while. 

"we'll just have to shape her...!"

meanwhile, [name] was another step closer to death under all the pressure.

what, do you wanna back out already, little miss? haru chuckled in her mind, most likely holding that same annoying smirk on his lips.

why are you speaking through my mind?! [name] mentally answered back, holding her same nervous smile the longer she conversed with everyone there.

and most importantly....why are they looking at me like i'm a homeless kitten?!

"well, i hope you get along with ha-na and so-mun here, they're going to be your mentors..." mae-ok lightly tapped the young girl's shoulder, startling her in place once more. why were people always touching her so suddenly?

[name] gazed over to the two said people, one looking all kind and nice, almost like a sloth, looking the nicest person on earth, while the other was glaring at her and most likely throwing curses at her in her mind, almost like a tiger.