( 10; apricity )

' paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"mun, are you crazy?! you can't take a bullet for someone!" jang-mul scolded the boy who held his head down while he sat, but despite mr. choi's countless scolding, mun did not regret any part of it. "are you out of your mind?!"

the boy held a childish pout, not liking the subject of his little hearing, "but sir...are you saying i should've just done nothing and watch [name] get shot?"

jang-mul cleared his throat, "i'm not saying you should've blocked it with your body! you could've just pushed her out of the way or stop the bullet with your powers!" he then pointed at the rest of the people who sat on the dining table, voice rising in anger, "if you die, what do you expect all of us to do?!"

the words didn't go through him at all, actually, they just made him even more confused, "but that makes no sense. the bullet was too fast for me to stop, and both me and her were too tired to take another step...how could i just stand by and let her get shot?"

he was stating that taking a bullet for someone was the most normal thing.

"this isn't a korean drama you brat!" the voice beamed loudly in the room, scaring mun and making him shrink down to his shoulders in his seat, "what? you think your body would be able to handle a bullet? if you weren't a counter or if chae-ok didn't have her healing powers, you would've died, you brat!"

jang-mul stood upright with a glare, pushing back the hems of his suit to look even more intimidating than he already was, voice bombing up like a timebomb. "this little punk has no idea how clueless he is! you relly don't get it?!"

"if you're gone, we're all good as dead!"

that was just a hard truth.

even if ha-na, mae-ok, or mo-tak were to train day and night, it wasn't the time to lose their strongest counter to a girl who barely knew anything. they weren't saying that he should've just let [name] get shot, not at all, but mun had many other ways to save both of them.

he could've pushed her, he coud've dropped along with her to the ground, he could've used his powers to pull the gun away from pil-kwang's hand, he could've pulled her close to him to make sure it didn't hit her.

needless to say, his small fit of panic ruined everything.

but at the same time...she saved him.

saved him from becoming a murderer.

he was just moments away from pulling apart the evil spirit's limbs and killing uncountable spirits inside him as well; if he had done so, he could've become a genocider.

she saved him from that.

"don't you know who you are?!" chae-ok and ha-na's heads fell low at the hard truth, "you're our pillar! i'm not saying it's okay if she died, in fact, i would've killed you myself if you just watched that happen! but you didn't have to act as a shield you little punk! it's your job to catch those evil spirits at all costs!"

"did you seriously not know that?!"

mun genuinely felt bad now, because no matter how many times he played that moment in his mind like a broken record, what mr. choi was saying...it was right. he had so many other ways to go around it, but his body took over him and he was only left with him shielding her from that shot.

because the need to protect her was more important than the need to catch him.

was he...no way...no...