( 24; every single word )

'paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

mun was placing a shuttlecock on each one of their heads, wanting to see which one could balance and which one couldn't as jang-mul spoke, "with our video and the witnesses' testimonies, you can charge them with confinement and blackmail, right?"

he was asking mo-tak, considering he was the only man in the room who was a police officer. mo-tak nodded, watching [name] record each of their faces while mun played with them like little children, "yes, sure thing." he turned to mun, "by the way, mun, you should've been gentler."

"hey...!"

"i think mun is having trouble controlling his power lately..." ms. chu convinced to both herself and su-ho inside her, patting [name]s' back, "especially this little lad here! you really changed the future, huh?"

[name] puffed her chest up, "yes, of course!! i made sure that they even do not have kids so they don't scam their wives like i saw in my vision!! i even got to practice my skills at making others sing!!"

ha-na was erasing their memories one by one, not a single complaint coming from her for she enjoyed watching the show more than ever.

she also made sure to check all of them for any memory of a specific person, but when she was done with the last one, she shook her head, "none of them had any memory of lee chung-jae."

no one let the letdown affect them however, "we saved all the residents, at least." jang-mul turned to the rest of them, "everyone, let's not get discouraged, okay?"

"okay..."

[name] bent down and finally ended her video of all their faces, clicking her tongue in disappointment, "oh come on guys, you literally have so many hairstyles to choose from and you go for egghead? really?"

just then, the door of the gym was slammed open.

they all turned to the entrance to find an unfamiliar man walking in with a police officer, and the first thing he did was say...

"ha-na?"

...eh?

ms chu recognized him as the guy who was with ha-na with the claw machine, and just when she did, ha-na also called his name.

"do-hwi?"

....isn't that the name of...she recalled her noona getting a message by the guy who had the same name, and pointed to him in shock, "you're do hwi?! the guy that took noona out on a date that night?!"

ha-na slapped her head and she yelped, grabbing her head. ha-na snarled, "be quiet...!" she hastily walked over to the man as mo-tak watched with his mouth dropped to the ground, mun pointing at her excitedly, jang-mul very much interested in who the handsome man was, and ms. chu watching lovers reunite with eyes full of love.

"would you look at that..."

needless to say, they all were shocked to know that a boy knew who ha-na was.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

they dragged him to lunch.

the said do-hwi introduced himself as ha-na's high school classmate and sat very uncomfortably in between ha-na and mun, being pushed into eating to his heart's content and drinking all the soju he was given to give more answers to their questions.