( 08; and everything falls apart )

' paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"i'm back..."

those were the two words she had endlessly muttered over the course of years once she returned to that prison, and either got a mindless hum, got screamed on, or was ignored. after a while, her dense habit faded, and she never expected any response just a month ago.

now, here she was, saying it once more and hearing ms. chu say it back with love, the words eliciting a warmth in her body that she hadn't felt in a long time.

"ah, welcome back, [name]!!"

she smiled softly at the response and didn't bother to brush down the blush that dusted her cheek. it soon disappeared, though.

"is anybody here good at math?" [name] asked her fellow counters when she walked past the kitchen counter, brushing up her messy hair and fixing the loops. all of them looked at her in unison and then at each other, expecting either one of them to make a nod.

looks like we're all stupid then.

[name]'s eye twitched and she sighed, slipping her schoolbag off her shoulders messily and pulling her chair, planting on it with a long sigh. "god, i hope the person who invented math burns in the hottest place in hell..."

"it's not good to curse random people like that." ha-na crossed her chair and lightly hid her head with a plastic plate, making her whine and bolt her hand up to protect her precious mind.

"hey, don't make me even more dumber..."

she strolled over to the kitchen counter and took a seat up on that instead, leaning over it with curiosity eating her up, "that smells nice though, what are you guys making?" when she tried to pick a dumpling when ms. chu turned around, mun slapped her hand sheepishly and shook his head at her.

she pouted.

"wait for your turn," he scolded.

"but i'm hungry..."

"we're almost done, wait for your turn..."

he seemed busy and kept walking around the kitchen, so [name] could only sigh and put her forehead against the counter, suppressing her need for the creamy and scrumptious pieces of food that lay right in front of her. 

just as mo-tak passed by behind her, her stomach growled. loud. the action made her flush up in embarrassment and hug her lower waist, in hopes that no one heard it. but when she turned around, scanning all around her to see if no one heard that, she saw mo-tak's sly smirk and judging eyes.

she retorted, obviously wanting to defend herself from that look, "i-it's not my fault that my hormones demand me to eat!! i'm just a slave to my hormones!!"

"nice excuse you got there..."

she pushed her head further into the table when she felt more eyes on her, but her moment of intimacy didn't last long. ha-na came from behind her again and grabbed her forehead, pulling her head up to match eyes with her's, "go get changed, you idiot. are you gonna eat on the table with that uniform of yours?"

considering she was her noona, elder sister, about four years to be exact, she got up and repeated in her mind that she was only obeying because of her age and not because she would probably beat her up during the first period later.

"okay..." she growled, her nonexistent puppy ears flattening. she got up from the chair, and grabbed her bag, hearing a set of chuckles behind her back as she left.