( 04; to the top )

' paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[name] sat motionlessly on a set of two chairs, eyes shut tightly and face as pale as snow. her eyes were puffy, and her knuckles and wrist were covered in scratches, nails always rigged and torn up.

mae-ok tried her best to use her powers and somehow heal the sweet little girl, unable to believe what had just gone down in a matter of an hour. 

their enemies had found where they resided and were only moments away from ending them all if it wasn't for so-mun. no, not only did they almost die, but they almost lost their new counter to the very same man, the same one that was saved by another other than their strongest.

all that was left was for ms. chu to heal her, and that she was doing.

thankfully, the injuries weren't deep, so ms. chu was able to resist a nosebleed. "i can't believe it, how did they find us?"

"actually," ha-na butted in, walking to the table and straightening her posture, "this might be for the best-"

i hate this. [name] repeated in her mind, staring at her hands in a shameful manner, i hate this so much. she clutched the material of her skirt, her brows scrunching up at how her hair twisted and tortured itself the longer she thought about what had happened.

as time passed and their conversation died down, [name] looked down in guilt, unsure of what to say exactly. should she explain what had happened? should she apologize?

let's start with that.

when an eerie silence resounded in the restaurant and the voices became quiet, she realized they were all most likely waiting for her to say something, and that she did.

she looked up hesitantly, heart beating out of her chest from guilt with every second that passed, "thank...thank you..."

she was specifically saying that to so-mun who sat in front of her, but with the way she looked back down, they took it as a thank you for them as well. 

her eyes were dropping down, her breath shaky as she tried to hold back more sobs, "i...i was scared, so...thank you."

"are you feeling better now?"

[name] immediately nodded, staring down at the pattern of the wooden table and away from them. from their eyes. she felt like she was probably being heavily judged, but she didn't have the confidence to look up.

to look up and face one of her biggest fears.

"i-"

"go get some rest."

ms. chu patted the girl's back lightly, "you don't need to tell us anything, don't worry."

tears threatened to spill out of her wide, [e/c] eyes, and her once numb body let go of the fabric of her skirt, the only thing that was keeping her here mentally.

[name] did as told and left the room, saying nothing and not wanting to look back.

when her presence disappeared from the room, ha-na was the first one to speak, "her memories are foggy and blurry."

"what?" chae-ok asked, not quite understanding what the female counter had just said. she then looked over to so-mun, most likely for more answers, and the said boy nodded as well.

"yeah."

"wait, what exactly happened?"

"her father...he abused her."