( 21; slowly and painfully )

'paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"ha-na will be fine right, su-ho?" 

the said son of chu mae-ok had no response to woo-sik's question. he wasn't sure of anything as his hand and the little boy's faded away slowly, "she'll be fine."

"hey..." ha-ru stated firmly, watching his buddy's hand slowly fade away as well, and nudged his head to it. ms. chu was quite literally throwing away her lifeline to heal her, ha-na, and watching them slowly get called by death yet again was concerning him as well. 

ha-ru may not have been very close with any of them, but he still hated watching the people of yung disappear into thin air because of their careless hosts.

he's not one to talk though.

his own host was just as reckless as the others.

"ms. chu is overexerting herself trying to heal ha-na..."

wi-gen closed her eyes in disbelief, too worried about the pressure she was being put underneath as the leader of the circle. 

"its ma joo-seok." ha-ru stated, taking another sigh.

"he dealt the counters a huge blow after committing just one murder..."

"the evil spirit within him is rapidly becoming stronger," su-ho looked at each one of their eyes, "their voices have become one. his desire for revenge triggers the murder, but at this rate, he will take many innocent lives."

"i suggest telling him the truth..." suho concluded, but ha-ru shook his head with a loud groan.

"no," pushing one of his hands out of his black pant's pockets, he placed it on the table and used his yung powers of judgment to raise a scale made out of purple, and controlled it to show them all. "right now, his revenge for the ones who killed his wife will not cease with just one murder." one side of the scale became heavier, "the more innocent people he kills, the more stronger he gets, without a doubt. but if he finds out pil-kwang has been lying to him and engages in a fight, it won't matter who wins."

the scale became heavy so much that it broke: ha-ru twirled his fingers to raise the illumination to the middle of the table, "if he consumes another evil spirit as strong as pil-kwang's, then he will become a complete evil spirit."

"a complete evil spirit?" they raised their voices in concern, looking over to wi-gen in disbelief, "you mean...as in those who can absorb the territory's power like the counters?"

"loverboy's territories will turn against him in a fight. we can't let that happen now, can we?"

pushing his fading hand deep into his pocket, ha-ru took in a deep sigh, staring at the bright dome ceiling above the table and watching the light rays shine bright as ever, closing his eyes and blocking out all noises.

the only thought in his mind...was that he felt empty.

as if something very important had slipped away from him.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the pitter-patter of the rain that coated the window of ha-na's room with water drops created a sense of harmony in the room; [name] always found the blessing of rain a way to ease her pain and let it wash away all her despair, but right now, it was the perfect way of describing the events of tonight.