( 25; leap and soar )

'paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

her school was finally over.

with her last exam taking place a few hours prior, the next time [name] was to step in this school would be at her graduation ceremony.

it was hard to believe she was actually graduating...

this very high school she spent every day coming. all those nights she spent studying with tears brimming down her cheeks, hiding behind that door that banged endlessly. the school she came everyday as an escape from her cruel reality which she never wished anyone to find out about.

it was a good day to leave this place.

and a good day to face the boy she's realized she loves.

mun stood at the entrance and his presence startled [name]. she let out a slow, controlled breath and attempted to loosen her body movements. her previous smile had dropped in a way that it kind of broke his heart, but he was going to set things right now, so he dismissed the thought.

she hesitantly looked away, "...why are you here?"

mun held a determined look, "to set things right."

she became stiff when he grabbed her hand with his own and locked their fingers together, pulling the female to a close proximity, she found herself unable to breathe. the passerby's watched [name] with whistles and groans, as if they were jealous and amused by her being beside a handsome boy. "can i steal you away for today?"

[name] gulped down a thick lump in her throat, heat rising to her cheekbones. her stomach twisted in a way that made her feel like she was chasing clouds for breaths.

give him a chance, princess.

looking down from mun's piercing eyes, her tone is meek, "w-where are you gonna even take me to?"

"you'll see."

"huh-? h-hey, wait!!!"

without waiting for another second, mun began dragging [name] away.

[name] followed behind mun with hesitance, but he wasn't giving her any time to explain. he had come to her after she avoided waking him up first thing in the morning, dressed in a leather black jacket and a turtleneck underneath, and ran to her again like those romance novels she loved to read.

their relationship had taken so many leaps in the past few days but despite that, he was still here. he was doing it, he was taking another step into the future for someone like her, the same way he'd held her hand and loved how warmly it fit into her's. 

he had named every etch of himself with her breaths, heated and tempered under glass until it span in a sparkle that mimicked her eyes under the stars and the sun and the beauty of the world. 

it gradually dwells on them with the quietest pining that they had laid themselves bare of their troubles and trauma in each other's hands, all for each other so they could take yet another leap.

leap high.

they reached a door of a house and mun walked in, and that was when [name] had enough of following him after no words. she stepped in but pulled her hand away, and he stopped. "where are you taking-"

"grandpa, i'm home!!"

....this was his grandpa's house? why bring her here?

up the small set of stairs that reached up to the door of his house came out an old man, head bald but with glasses on the bridge of his nose. he first looked at mun but then, his eyes landed on the little nineteen-year-old girl beside him, "oh my!!" he shouted into his hoe, "honey, mun brought home a girl!!"