( 20; black and white )

'paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ma ju-seok kills them with one look. him and his sad eyes, a doleful expression because he had only one thing and he lost that, shoulders slouched when they used to be upright, fingers cracking because they yearned to feel blood stain them red. stain his soul red.

mun breaks down the longer he stares because no matter how much he tries to convince him to stop...convinced him to let go...he didn't. 

now, he fears that it's over. the moment he watches his dear ma ju-seok consume his first soul and ha-na bleed out of her lower abdomen, his horrors and nightmares all come true. 

ma ju-seok would never smile again. he would never call mun's name lovingly ever again.

when one kills, they kill what they used to be.

he would now only feast on mun's fear and watch him decay because he had done a deed that could never be forgiven. mun couldn't hold himself together anymore, not when he saw his noona bleed out of her abdomen with a spike piercing through her stomach and not when ju-seok had finally taken his first victim, eyes blinded by lies.

"the evil spirit has become more powerful...." ha-na groans out with roses pointing out from her wound, stealing her breaths and sending shockwaves of pain in her body that was evident through her words. "we...we need to catch him...!"

it shouldn't have been like this.

this wasn't meant to happen.

(how could he let this happen?)

ha-na watches with half-lidded eyes as their enemy slowly takes his stand, eyes darker and left with little to no light. tight and consuming, like a black hole etching a deep wound in their hearts.

consuming everything.

taking light.

painting the world black.

"i warned you...to not get in my way." thunder strikes his face, the shade of his blood becoming black like mun's world, "i told you it was my final warning.

maybe mun was meant to lose this fight. he struggled and struggled to prove them wrong, prove himself wrong, and give that hope that he needed to convince himself that it would be fine. there's a lie festering in his heart and that tells him to push forward, but how can he when the world is against him?

mun wants someone to hold him right now; he feels sick and he feels as if he's being pushed at the edge of a cliff, heels moments away from dragging him down towards the earth, falling down and along with it, taking all his hope. 

ma ju-seok's black eyes are infectious. he was meant to steal his hope away from him, watch him fall to his doom when he himself was the one that pushed him down.

mun doesn't wish to fight back.

if he did, it would mean he's just a puppet.

a puppet of the one high above the skies while he is falling down to the ground.

did god play with him? the same man who treat him like his own child suddenly tries to kill him?

...maybe it was meant to be this way.

"and i..." he tries to stand up, grabbing onto the walls of the cliff he falls from, i begged you..." his voice competes with the enemy's own; dark and tainted black like the sky at night. "i begged you to stop." his eyes stain themselves with tears of the porcelain clouds, falling down from his cheeks like rain, "i begged and begged."