( 06; a timeless melody )

' paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

when one walks after confrontation, each footprint leaves puddles of ichor and tears in their wake. one can turn around, heel digging into mud upon a spin, and look down at not their reflection but the skeletons of the old gods. you look a little closer and their gilt bones twist in the graves, pulling the violent in and tormenting the innocent. but one can look forward instead, muse on the gravity of the past but never face it. they will hear the wittering of rotten corpses and spilled ichor from the open craniums of river gods, but they shall never breathe without thinking of morals first.

[name] doesn't like how it feels like six years never happened. twist that time around her wrist like metal chains on a bracelet, listening to clinks and cries and watching souls fade and burn. the past screams inside her head the moment she lays her eyes on the blood trickling down ms. chu's nose and she feels like she's been torn apart before she even knew how to sew. and the dust that gathers like faint, fake little snowflakes around jag-mul is just a reminder her seams are all jagged and she's stuck with crooked edges.

[name] screams once she sees the spear stab his stomach, the one holding my mae-ok against her own will. she falls to her knees, feeling useless all over again the longer she watches the two people who cared for her endlessly lose their lives to a man who wore a suit and a tie.

[name] tries to scream but all she hears is the same static noise, resounding in her ears and deafening her to death. she watches helplessly as the crimson drops stain the floors of the place, and what flashed next was nothing but the sight of mo-tak falling from the top of the building towards the ground.

[name] feels like she's slowly losing a part of her the more she sees each one fall to their deaths.

stop....

stop...

[name]!!

stop it...please...please...!!