( 17; one or the other )

'paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"then, he disappeared...in the blink of an eye." 

"there were many evil spirits before who could see the territory, but...this is the first time someone could sense us through it..." ms. chu said, lips a little paler than usual. she sounded tired too, and everyone knew exactly why, yet chose not to open their mouths for the time being.

"i still don't get it though..." mun firmly stated, "evil spirits only possess those who are similar to them. that's why all the hosts we've captured were evil as well."

"....it's his rage." su-ho replied first, stating his hypothesis which seemed the only correct one, "unlike the others, ma ju-seok's blind rage attracted the evil spirit..."

even if it seemed like the only explanation, there were still a few doubts that arose in them, the ones who knew joo-seok and treated him like a brother, and the first person who had something to say about it was mo-tak. "hold on, fine, let's say he was possessed like that. but still, how could he be so powerful when he hasn't even killed anyone yet?!"

the spirits had no answer for that, "he has to be at least a level three! this is just incomprehensible! he nearly...he nearly..." mo-tak didn't want to speak further and sat back down in his chair, tired and confused and most of all, furious. 

deep down inside, they all were in a dilemma. they didn't know how to react to their own kind, their own brother nearly killed their own little sister: they couldn't find themselves angry at him for hurting her and escaping nor could they find themselves someone to blame, even if it was joo-seok entirely.

he'd already visited his mother and nearly killed all the police officers, so how did he hurt [name] in the first place?

because she was someone he didn't know of? because she saw something she shouldn't have?

"this isn't the first time something incomprehensible has happened." wi-gen tried to answer, having seen the situation up here herself. she took a deep breath and looked to her host, "so-mun." all eyes were set on him, "we couldn't understand how his body accepted me either."

that was a fact, and she was right.

 "she's right..."

"he wasn't in a coma when he took wi-gen in."

"all his power surpasses all of ours."

"does this mean that evil spirit..."

they left it that that and surrendered to that thick silence. they felt...disconnected. that was because there were phenomena that weren't recorded in yung history that were taking place at the present, and they didn't know how to deal with them.

mun is just like joo-seok.

a gateway to all kinds of spirits.

this didn't mean that mun was like an evil spirit, no, not at all, it just meant that ma ju-seok was unpredictable. 

"we need to consider all possibilities." mo-tak's host said, "he may be different from the other evil spirits, and the moment he becomes a completely evil spirit, it will be alarming."

indeed it would be. they didn't want to imagine fighting joo-seok after he killed countless people and consumed spirits. they could barely find it in them to go against him right now.

none of them wished to fight joo-seok at all.

"we must stop him from committing murder," wi-gen reminded them all, "we don't know what would happen if he takes even one life. he nearly killed one of ours, so right now, the best thing we can do is summon the evil spirit within him...as fast as possible."