( 16; thank you )

'paper scent.'

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[name] doesn't remember what her father's name was. she doesn't want to know either; the memory of his face was distorted by dark eyes that were bloodshot with alcohol too.

he was split in two, and seeing him again right in front of her very eyes made all of her fears dissolve on her dry tongue. she realized slowly that all because of him, her life was a bullet train filled with screeching screams that shattered glass and nails digging into the skin, rain pattering against her lap and down her cheeks. and then thre's that awful memory of his endless supply of hurtful words and actions combined, not only to her but to the woman who gave birth to her as well.

the place she was ever since she woke up from her coma had stitched all of her scars, but back here, she feels them again, slowly recalling them one by one.

left open soju bottles.
dust gathering like snow against everything.
stains of blood on her clothes.
the creaking of the floorboards when she would hide in the closet.
the shattering of glass.
overgrown grass in the backyard.
empty refrigerators and unwashed dishes.

[name] sat in front of the man who had ruined her for who she was and the one who set her apart, looking somewhat calm despite the trauma she'd faced from him for the past eighteen years.

the very same man had fumed up at the sight of her and began laughing as a reaction, the evil glint in his eyes mocking her, "you! you brat, i knew you would come back to me!!"

[name] never understood why she had been afraid of this man. turn the tapes back six years to when he was always staring her down.

she could picture it again, walking down the long and dark roads into a pale light, stepping off reality and onto the broken bridge of her house. the sky was dark, too dark for the night, and dust would gather in all the rooms, the callous coldness dampening the air and her soul. the kitchen was empty and there was a pile of dishes in the sink, filling it to the brim. a television buzzes in the living room, and finally, a light noise comes from upstairs in their room.

she would creep past crumbled cans of beer, soju, and broken glass shards stinging her heels, and she would hold her breath at the smell of alcohol and crawl up the stairs so she wouldn't make a sound and alert the man. she could hear the glass bottle smashing behind closed doors.

and when she would rush into the room, all she would hear were the screams of her father and mother. close the door, close the door, CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR.

now, roll the tapes back again to the present, and all she sees is a man. a pitiful man breeder with greed, violence, hate, and all, nothing but a man who just went down the wrong path. 

he himself was drowning, pulled into the current of a sea that was called greed, trapped in a tide that dragged him far away from the shore. he sank while she stood on the still waters, the water that was her tears.

a man she was no longer afraid of.

"i'm a selfish girl." she starts, staring into his eyes with no emotion. "and i'm here to visit you."

the evil glint in his eyes gets darker if possible, "why the heck did you have to survive?! if you only just died quietly you damn bitc-"

"i came to say goodbye to you." she firmly stated, not hesitating at all, and stood up to meet the level of his eyes. once again, she saw nothing but a man leaning against the glass, "and i'm here to say a few words."