1

"lily come on were going to be late" maya, my best friend, called out.

ive been living with maya for 2 years now. maya is my best friend in city. she is keira walshs younger sister. keira is leahs best friend, so when they found out i got scouted for city, keira offered for me to live with them as everyone else in my family lives in london and milton keynes. i dont blame them for not living in manchester with me. they all have jobs and busy lives, i cant expect them to put it all on hold for me. i facetime my family often and go to milton keynes whenever i have a chance. i do miss them, but i love living with maya. when we met 2 years ago we immediately clicked and became best friends.

"coming" i shouted running down the stairs with my bag in my hand. 

"finally" maya said, locking the door when i left the house. we started our 5 minute walk to training. 

"seasons almost over" she spoke, i nodded. "you gonna head back to mk" 

"yeah, hopefully. i really miss my family. especially leah. she barely has time to talk to me because shes either got training, a match or some interviews." i said, looking down. 

"well hopefully you get to see her soon" she said, sympathetically pulling me into a side hug.

when we got to training there were only a few people there. we sat together in the changing rooms, putting on our boots. everyone soon arrived and we went out to the field. training went by quite quick. we played a mini match. my team won 3-2 and i scored 2. 

sara, our coach, said well done on the last training before the match. 

"tomorrow we play man united. they are a good side and will do anything they can to win. i believe in all of you and believe that you can bring us to victory. we can be lifting that trophy tomorrow. everyone make sure you get a good night sleep and have a good breakfast in the morning. see you all tomorrow."

 keira picked us up after training as it was now 7:30 pm. i pulled out my phone and saw 2 messages from leah.

le<3: hey are you free to call. i wanna speak to you. miss you xx

le<3: just realised your probably at training. ring me when you can. love you xx

me: just finished training. ring you in 5? xx

when we got home, i went straight to my room to facetime leah. it rung a few times until she picked up. i looked at my phone to see her sat smiling down the phone.

"hi lil. ive missed you so much."

"ive missed you too"

" howve you been, hows the football going"

"yeah good. we play united tomorrow. it'll be tough. if we win we win the league." i say smiling at her. 

"yeah thats good. good luck for that, you wont need it though. your a star striker." she said, wiggling her eyebrows which made me laugh. i put my phone down and started to get dressed.

"thats a lovely ceiling you got there" she joked.

"im just changing" i replied. once i was in my pyjamas i picked my phone up again and sat on my bed. 

"hey, ive been thinking. would you want to come stay with me for a bit after you finish your season." she said.

"what, really?" i asked in disbelief. 

"mhm, i want to spend as much time as i can with you. ive already spoke to mum about it and she said you can stay with me until the end of my season and then we can go back to mk with everyone else. if you want to that is" she said. i nodded eagerly.