19

the next day i woke up and leah came in my room.
"it's moving day" she said loudly, jumping onto my bed. i groaned as she jumped about on my bed.
"what. are you not excited to move?" leah asked and she sat down.
"no i am. your just jumping around on me at 9 o'clock in the fucking morning." i huffed.
"no need to get all huffy. i just can't wait" she said excitedly.

i got up and we brought the twins downstairs. i lay them on their playmat and then went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. as i ate, mum came downstairs. she kissed my head and i looked up at her.
"hi mum" i said while eating a spoonful of cereal.
"hi darling. you excited?" she said while making her own breakfast.
"yeah can't wait. i'm going to miss all you though. you've helped so much with the kids, i don't know how i'll cope without you." i spoke.
"you'll be fine. i'm only a phone call away. plus's you've got leah" she said. i nodded and then playfully rolled my eyes at the last bit.
"she's literally like a kid herself. doubt she'd be much help" i joked.
"hey. i'm standing right here" leah pointed out.
"oh hello leah. nice of you to join us" mum said.
"i've literally been here the whole time" leah huffed.
"i'm only joking leah darling." mum laughed.

after a while i fed the kids and changed them and myself. we got into the cars and drove to leah's house in london.

we got inside and brought everything in. leah took me to my new room. i set the kids on the bed and started to unpack my clothes. leah built the baby bed for me and mum helped unpack the kids clothes.

after a few hours leah cooked dinner while i pat on the sofa and played with the kids.
"dinners done" she called. i put the kids back on their play mat and then went to the kitchen. leah had cooked pasta. it tasted nice.
"thanks for dinner le. i'm gonna go up and ring maya" i said. i picked my plate up and put it in the dishwasher.

i went to the living room and took the kids upstairs. i lay them on the bed and took out my phone.

me: hey m. are you free to call xx
maya<3: yeah course xx

i facetimed her and she answered immediately.
"hey pretty girl" i said as she smiled into the phone.
"hi my lily" she said. "i miss you. what's been going on?"

"well i've officially moved into leah's and i've got training at arsenal tomorrow" i said.
"that's nice. how are the kids" she said.
"they're good. haven't cried much. been pretty calm." i said as i turned the camera to face them.
"awh. they're so cute." she said. we spoke for a while longer.

"lil. i've got something to tell you." maya said.
"what is it?" i asked, nervously.
"i've signed for city's senior team" she said with a smile.
"omg. really? i'm so proud of you. it's been your dream since like forever" i said excitedly.
"i know. but that means we will have to play against each other" she said.
"oh yeah" i replied more sadly than before.

after some time i heard a knock at my door.
"come in" i called.
leah walked in with 2 icecream cones in her hand.
"icecream van came" she said while handing me one.
"thanks le" i said.

"hi leah" maya called through the phone.
"hi maya. how are things" she asked.
"yeah good. i've signed for city" maya said excitedly.
"woah that's amazing. proud of you. only downside is that we will have to play against you. you and kei in midfield will be tough" leah said. maya chuckled. leah sat on my bed and played with the kids, tickling their bellies and talking to them in a baby voice. a while later i ended the call.

leah was rocking lila and matty was laying on the bed holding leah's finger.
"you really are the best auntie" i said to leah.
"trust me, i know" leah joked.

i stroked lilas head and she soon fell asleep. i picked matt up and put him in the bed. leah put lila in bed and then sat on my bed.

"you excited for your first training tomorrow?" leah asked.
"yeah. i'm a bit nervous though. what if they don't think i'm ready to come back?" i said.
"you are. you'll be fine. we all believe in you" leah said.
"thanks le" i said. she nodded and left the room. i got ready for bed and used the bathroom. i slid myself into bed and scrolled through my phone.

i saw lots of edits on tiktok saying they can't wait to see me and leah play together. i also cant wait. i know that it will be a long process as i'm definitely not match fit yet. it may take months for me to be ready to play but i'm willing to give it everything i've got.

i put my phone away and tried to fall asleep. it took a while until i did. i tossed and turned until i finally slept.

A/N: wordcount for this chapter is  854.
sorry it's a bit short. i'm struggling on ideas and it feels like it's going really slow.

please give me any suggestions. :)
would you like me to make some with mayas pov?